Muffins are great, aren’t they? There’s something about having a muffin with a nice cuppa tea no matter the weather that brings me such happiness.
I found my true love for making muffins last year after learning how to make the vegan muffins I always rave on about and honestly, I’ve been inspired to keep creating ever since.
Seen as spring is here and summer is just round the corner, I wanted to share a muffin which resembled those two seasons. Light, fluffy and fruity – that was my goal, which I defiantly think I achieved with these little beauties.
One fruit which always reminds me of this time of year is strawberries, as they are coming into season and are ripe and tasty. Anyway, I just had a overwhelming feeling that they’d make the perfect filler ingredient for these muffins and I was SO right. I just love how the strawberries in todays bake work so beautifully with each of the ingredients in these muffins.
Don’t these have your mouth watering? I know they do me. These are so blooming delicious – perfect for this time of year. So, if you’d like to get baking these yourself, keep on reading…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 45-50 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Muffins:
- 120g Of Plain Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 54g Of Vegetable Oil
- 100g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 142g Of Greek Yogurt
- Punnet Of Fresh Strawberries, Diced
Ingredients You Need For Strudel:
- 85g Of Plain Flour
- 65g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 57g Of Unsalted Butter, Melted
Ingredients You Need For Cream Cheese:
- 170g Of Cream Cheese
- 3tbsp Of Granulated Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1tsp Of Corn Flour
How To Make Cream Cheese:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a muffin tin with muffin cases and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a bowl, mix together the 170g of cream cheese, 3tbsp of granulated sugar, 1tsp of vanilla extract and 1tsp of corn flour.
- Set Aside.
How To Make Streusel:
- In a large bowl, mix together the 85g of plain flour and 65g of light brown sugar.
- Next, add in your melted butter and using a fork, whisk the ingredients together until a coarse crumb forms.
- Set Aside.
How To Make The Muffins:
- In a large bowl, mix together the 120g of plain flour and 1tsp of baking powder then set aside.
- Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs and 100g of granulated sugar until combined.
- Once combined, add in your 54g of vegetable oil, 142g of greek yogurt and 1/2tsp of vanilla extract and whisk together until the mixture is pale yellow in colour.
- Now, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Using a spatula, fold in the diced strawberries.
How To Assemble Muffins:
- Firstly, line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and preheat the oven to 200C Fan / Gas Mark 7.
- Secondly, place a tbsp of the muffin mixture into the muffin case.
- Add a tsp of cream cheese mixture into the centre of the muffin mixture.
- Next, place another tbsp of muffin mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Now, generously sprinkle the strudel on top of the muffins until the top is completely covered, press down on the streusel to allow it to stick to the muffin batter.
- Once all the above is done, place your muffins into the oven and allow to cook for 25 minutes. you’ll know they’re cooked when the tops are golden brown and the centre of the muffin is set (TIP: they may need longer depending on the heat of your oven, just keep an eye on them)
- When the muffins are cooked, take out the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes in the muffin tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Finally, top off the muffins with some left over diced strawberry.
That’s your Strawberry Streusel Muffins prepared, baked and ready for you to demolish!
Do these scream bbq season to you or am I just having a senior moment? Whatever the case, these really are the perfect muffins to share with loved ones over the next few months!
I’m just obsessed and I really think you guys will be too. I made a batch of 12 and between my family, they were gone within 3 days – so that tells me they’re a winner.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a strawberry muffin lover?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,