If you’ve been here for a little while, you’ll know that last year I went a little ‘Pinch Of Nom’ mad. I absolutely loved sharing their recipes with you, which then had a slight twist by me.
Today I’m back sharing with you a ‘Pinch Of Nom’ dinner which caught my eye almost straight away. Like my posts back last year, I’ve put my own touch on these beauties and had to share the outcome because it was so damn delicious.
One thing you should all know about my family is that we are OBSESSED with fajitas. They are my one of our favourite dinners and I throughly enjoy making my own at home. So, I instantly knew this recipe would make it to the blog as honestly… you guys will love this and I certainly didn’t want you guys missing out on these either. What kind of food blogger would that make me haha.
So if your looking for something quick, easy, decent portion sizes and packed full of flavour, you’ve come to the right place. Honestly guys, don’t go sitting on this recipe! Quickly get your sombreros on and have a Mexican night in with the ones you love – you won’t regret sharing these amongst yourselves!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Chopped Into Small Chunks
- 1 Red Onion, Diced
- 200g Of Chopped Tomato’s
- 2tbsp Of Tomato Puree
- 2tsp Of Chilli Powder
- 2tsp Of Paprika
- 2tsp Of Garlic Powder
- 6 Low Calorie Tortilla Wraps
- 100g Of Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Fajita Bombs:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a frying pan, fry the small chunks of chicken until just cooked.
- Next, add in the diced onion and continue to cook with the chicken until completely cooked.
- Once cooked, add in the 2tsp of chilli powder, 2tsp of paprika and 2tsp of garlic powder and coat the chicken in the spices.
- Now, add in the 200g of chopped tomatoes and 2tbsp of tomato puree and allow the chicken to bubble in the pan for around 4 minutes.
- Once the chicken has bubbled for 4 minutes, place your tortilla wraps into the microwave to soften for around 30 seconds (TIP: if your tortillas are soft when taken out the packet, you can skip this step).
- When the tortilla wraps have softened, place them flat onto the work surface.
- Place a small amount of the chicken into the centre, sprinkle some cheese on top of the chicken and fold the bottom of the tortilla over the chicken, folding it away from yourself, then rotate and repeat the fold on the next edge, fold it into a little parcel. Continue until the chicken is contained within the tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in the pyrex dish with the seam facing down.
- Repeat this until the tortilla wraps and chicken is all used up.
- Using the remaining cheese, sprinkle over the top of the tortilla wraps.
- Now, place the pyrex dish into the oven for around 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla wrap has gone slightly crispy.
- Finally, once cooked, take out the oven and serve.
That’s your Fajita Bombs prepared, cooked and ready for you to enjoy!
I hate the fact that my pictures don’t do these fajita bombs any justice to how good they really are. So, you’ll just have to take my word for it, these are blooming delicious and I can imagine these will quickly become a quick, go-to dinner for us all.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these fajita bombs yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are your taste buds dancing?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,