DAMN it’s been a hot minute since I uploaded something healthy on my page. Apologies for those of you who prefer these kind of bakes, Easter always inspires the more indulgent bakes but don’t worry, we’re back now and I’ve got some smashing recipes coming your way.
Have I become slightly loaf cake/bread mad? Possibly yes! At this moment in time I’m thoroughly enjoying coming up with different combinations of ingredients to bake within a loaf cake/bread. I think there’s something extremely satisfying about getting the ingredients within a loaf cake/bread perfect.
Okay, so you may or may not be questioning my ingredient idea for todays loaf. I don’t blame you, the sound of zucchini within a cake/bread kinda makes me question myself but you have to take my word for it, when I say, that this is one of my favourite ever breads I’ve done. It has totally changed the game for me!
I was looking online for something a little more on the healthier side to share with you all, when I came across a recipe using zucchini as their main ingredient in their loaf bread which instantly got me inspired.
If you’ve been around here a while, you’ll know last year I shared with you my vegan muffins recipe which used courgette as the main ingredient – let’s just say they went down an absolute treat with you guys and instantly became my favourite muffin recipe. Therefore, I’ve got a good feeling you’ll love todays bake just as much because I for sure am obsessed!
Before I ramble on for any longer about how good this zucchini bread is… shall we just get on with the recipe? Get your things together, the recipe is below.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 1tbsp Of Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 170g Of Honey
- 120g Of Almond Milk
- 1 Medium Zucchini, Shredded & Squeezed
- 176g Of Rolled Oats
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Of Nutmeg
- 1/4tsp Of Ground Ginger
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 50g Of Chocolate Chips
How To Make Zucchini Bread:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a blender, blend the rolled oats until they resemble flour and set aside.
- Next, shred the zucchini over a bowl. Once shredded, using some kitchen roll and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Now, in a large bowl, whisk together the 1tbsp of olive oil, 1 egg, 170g of honey, 140g of almond milk and your shredded zucchini.
- Add the 176g of blender rolled oats, 1tsp of cinnamon, 1/4tsp of nutmeg, 1/4tsp of ground ginger and 3tsp of baking powder into the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in 40g of chocolate chips.
- Pour the zucchini batter into the loaf tin and sprinkle over the remaining 10g of chocolate chips.
- Place the batter into the oven and allow to bake for 50 minutes, until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Finally, once baked, allow the zucchini bread to cool in the loaf tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Zucchini Bread prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Honestly, I cannot put into words how yummy todays bake is. It’s packed full of flavour, is super moist and it melts in your mouth – it’s blooming delicious.
Easy & super quick to make, what more could you possibly ask for?
Now I know zucchini doesn’t sound like it belongs in a bake but just take a moment to try it for yourself within this bread, i can almost guarantee that your opinion will change. I know mine did.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this yourself and I’d you do, what your thoughts are on it. Are you surprised?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,