It’s funny, when it comes to cakes you automatically think they fall into the ‘unhealthy’ category but that couldn’t be further from the truth!
For my birthday, one of my besties brought me a recipe book for diabetic’s and I’ve learnt so much from it. I’ve realised how simple it is to make a healthy and utterly delicious cake that you can eat without guilt.
So guess what? Today I’m sharing with you my first loaf cake I’ve made which is diabetic friendly. Honestly, you wouldn’t believe how quick this cake was to make & like I say, it’s just as tasty as it would be having used my normal ingredients I usually use for making cakes!
So if you’d like to get baking this guilt-free loaf cake yourself, then the recipes below;
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 Minutes
Overall: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 Bramley Apples, Peeled & De-Cored
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2tbsp Of Vanilla Essence
- 75g Of Caster Sugar
- 100ml Of Rapeseed Oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 150g Of Wholemeal Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- Bag Of Frozen Blackberries, Defrosted (or 150g of fresh blackberries)
How To Make Your Loaf Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, use 1tsp of rapeseed oil and grease the loaf tin and preheat the oven to 180C / 356C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a bowl, grate your 2 de-cored & peeled branley apples.
- Add in the 2 eggs, 2tbsp of vanilla essence, 75g of caster sugar and 100ml of rapeseed oil to the bowl with the grated apples and beat together.
- Next, add the 150g of wholemeal flour and 1tsp of baking powder and mix well.
- Once mixed, add in your defrosted (or fresh) blackberries and fold in.
- Now the mixtures done, pour into your oiled loaf tin and bake for around 25 minutes until firm and golden (TIP: add foil ontop of the cake after 20 minutes if your finding the top is burning)
- You’ll know the cake is cooked when a skewer goes in and comes out clean!
- Once cooked, leave in the loaf tin to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Apple & Blackberry Loaf Cake prepared, baked and ready to enjoy!
I’m really pleased with the outcome of this and it went down an absolute treat with my family.
Fancy making a cake? Why not give this one a try and see what you think. I’d love to hear your thoughts and wether you enjoyed it or not.
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,