If your new around here (hi, thank you for reading my blog), then you won’t know this about me but pizza is my thing. You know everyone in life has that one favourite food that everybody knows about? Well mine is pizza.
Pre gastroparesis times, my mum always use to call my Joey from friends as he is the biggest pizza foodie and his famous quote is ‘joey doesn’t share food’… well neither did Elle!
Anyway, we’re all stuck in at the moment, no restaurants are open so many of us are just resulting to buying a takeaway to satisfy our food needs. BUT, today I’m sharing with you my very own fakeaway. You don’t need to spend massive amounts on takeaways, why not just make your own for less of the price? You can easily have a takeaway without actually having a takeaway!
So today I’m making my own homemade fakeaway pizza’s! These are ridiculously easy to make and the end product is eccellente *chefs kiss*. So if you’d like to make your own, then the recipe is below:
Serves: 8 Large Slices
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-25 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- Ready Rolled Pizza Dough
- Low Carb Tomato Purée
- Bag Of 50% Less Fat Cheese
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
How To Make Margarita Pizza:
- Firstly, gather together all your equipment and ingredients and remove the dough from its packaging and leave on the side for around 10-15 minutes at room temperature before using it.
- Secondly, preheat the oven 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Once the 10-15 minutes is up, unroll the dough onto a baking tray (leaving the dough on the parchment paper provided).
- Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Next, smear on your tomato purée (use as much or as little as you want).
- Sprinkle on both the cheeses, making sure you’ve got every part of the base covered with cheese.
- Add your finely chopped onions ontop of the cheese.
- Now, place your pizza onto the middle shelf of your preheated oven. Bake for around 15-25 minutes.
- Finally, once cooked, take the pizza out the oven and leave to cool before cutting into 8 slices.
Thats your Homemade Fakeaway, Margarita Pizza prepared, cooked and ready to enjoy!
Seriously, how quick and easy is this pizza to make? It takes little to know time and is giant (and I mean giant. I totally underestimated how big it would be haha).
Let me know if you do get making these yourself and your thoughts. Is this as good as PHQ? Domino’s? Papa Johns?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,