Around June last year, I done a Vegan baking class with the lovely Charlotte and learnt everything i needed to know about vegan baking! I done it at the Brighton Community Kitchen which I can’t recommend enough.
- Charlottes Insta: https://instagram.com/charlottesbrighton?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- Brighton Food Kitchen Insta: https://instagram.com/btnkitchen?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- Brighton Food Kitchen Website: https://bhfood.org.uk/cookery-school/
Anyway, during that lesson we learnt how to bake vegan brownies and let me tell you straight… they were the BEST brownies I’d ever tried. And that’s where my love affair with vegan brownies grew from.
Don’t get me wrong, your everyday brownie is delicious but there’s just something about vegan brownies that take them to the next level. I’ve never had a failed vegan brownie and I can always guarantee they’ll be ultra gooey inside (just the way I like them).
So here I am today, sharing with you the yummiest vegan brownies that I recently made but with a slight twist. These little beauties are flavoured with tangy lime and let me tell you, it is just glorious. Need I say more.
If you’d like to make these zesty lime vegan brownies yourself, let’s get baking.
Category: Sweet Treat / Desert
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 35-40 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 50g Of Cacao Powder
- 31g Of GF Plain Flour
- 3/4tsp Of GF Baking Powder
- 100g Of Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Zest & Juice Of One Lime
- 72g Of Almond Butter
- 75g Of Maple Syrup
- 188g Of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Paste / Extract
How To Make Brownies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 9inch square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, squeeze the juice of one lime into a cup and set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together the 31g of plain flour, 3/4tsp of baking powder and 50g of cacao powder then set aside.
- Now, in a separate large bowl, using an electric hand whisk, whisk together the 72g of almond butter, 75g of maple syrup, 188g of unsweetened apple sauce and 1tsp of vanilla paste.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth (TIP: it may be slightly lumpy due to the apple sauce but don’t worry) then set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, place 85g of the vegan chocolate chips and in 30 second blasts, blast until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the brownie mixture and fold through.
- Then, pour the brownie mixture into the pre-lined tin and tap on the surface to even out the brownie mixture.
- Scatter over the remaining 15g of chocolate chips.
- Place into the oven for around 25 minutes, until the tops cracked and edges have darkened.
- Once baked, take out the oven and place on the side to cool down in the tin for at least 30 minutes before transferring over to a wire rack.
- Finally, sprinkle the zest of the lime over the top of the brownies and serve.
That’s your Zesty Lime Vegan Brownies prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
These aren’t the chunkiest of brownies, if anything, they’re very thin but don’t let that put you off. These are absolutely delicious and went down an absolute treat with my family.
Whoever would have thought that lime would work so beautifully with dark chocolate? because I certainly wouldn’t have but honestly, it just pairs so beautifully together.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these vegan brownies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a vegan brownie lover?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,