We all know how much my household loves a cookie by now, right? If you’ve been around for a while, you’ll have seen that I’ve shown a pretty wide variety of ingredients that can go into a cookies at this point.
That being said, I was struggling to come up with a new ingredient pairing which is summer inspired. So, as always, i went to Pinterest for inspiration and as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I came across a few different recipes for coconut & lime cookies. A pairing I probably never would have thought of myself but I instantly felt inspired by.
Before todays blogpost, I’d never tried coconut and lime in cookies before and boy, was I missing out! Coconut and lime really is match made in heaven and I just love the idea of putting the pair of them into a cookie. To me, these cookies scream summer and overall, I just felt like it was the perfect cookie recipe to share with you today!
So if your looking for something a little different to add to your cookies this summer, these in my option are a ‘must try’. Me & my family are obsessed with these bad boys and I just had to share the recipe for them with you asap.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 11-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 20-25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 280g Of Plain Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 115g Of Butter, Softened
- 200g Of Granulated Sugar
- 95g Of Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Lime Zest
- 60g Of Lime Juice
- 1tsp Of Coconut Extract
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 280g of plain flour and 1tsp of baking powder and set aside.
- Next, in a separate large bowl, using an electric whisk, cream together the 115g of softened butter, 200g of granulated sugar and 95g of desiccated coconut until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 2 eggs, one at a time, making sure you beat well between additions.
- Add in the zest of the lime, 60g of lime juice and 1tsp of coconut extract and mix in until combined.
- Now, on a lower speed, mix in the 280g of plain flour and 1tsp of baking powder, until a thick dough comes together (TIP: the dough will be very sticky, don’t add more flour as it will dry out the cookies).
- In a small bowl, add the 50g of icing sugar.
- Take a small piece of the dough, using your hands roll the piece of dough into a ball and place the ball into the icing sugar.
- Roll the ball around in the icing sugar until completely coated, then place onto your baking tray.
- Repeat these steps until the dough has been completely used up and place onto the pre-lined baking trays.
- Once you’ve got all your balls coated in icing sugar, place the baking trays into the oven for around 11-15 minutes, until the edges have began to harden.
- Finally, once cooked, take the cookies out the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Coconut & Lime Cookies prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Honestly guys, don’t sleep on this recipe! If your looking for ingredients for your next cookie, let todays blogpost be inspiration for you.
Quite frankly I know that todays cookies will be made a fair few times throughout the summer months especially. Put it this way, these cookies didn’t last 2 days in my house before they were demolished – that’s when you know that it’s a delicious cookie.
Be warned, 2022 will be the year of different fruits being added into my cookies. I’m feeling ultra inspired now to just pair different ingredients together to make the perfect cookies and I can’t wait to share them with you guys.
Let me know in the comments below if you made these cookies yourself and if you did, what your thoughts were on them. Are you now in the ultimate summer mood?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
We love cookies in this house too! I’m not a coconut lover but I’d like to make some of these and give them to my dad for fathers day because he would love them. Thank you for the inspiration.
You just can’t beat a good old cookie, can you? Ah I really really hope your dad loves these are much as we did. What a lovely Father’s Day gift! Thank you so much for commenting xo
Coconut and lime is such a perfect Summer combo, these sound wonderful 🙂 x
It really is the perfect summer combo. I’m obsessed! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooh I love a good cookie and these sound amazing! I hadn’t tried this combination before but it’s so summery and I can’t wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing, looking forward to seeing your other fruit and cookie recipes!
You can’t beat a cookie, can you? Oh this is a must try combo, I hadn’t before making these and I’m now obsessed! Got lots of yummy fruit recipes coming up;) Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I adore coconut and lime and I will be making these cookies soon! They look amazing and I can taste them already! Thanks for sharing your recipe Elle.
It’s such a beautiful combo, isn’t it? These really are the most delicious cookies. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This is such a unique flavour for cookies; I love it! I can see these being perfect for the summer too.
I am a sucker for coconut. Your cookies always look so good.
It’s such a delicious ingredient, isn’t it? It pairs so beautifully with the lime. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
It’s SO good, I’m literally obsessed! It really is just perfect for the summer months ahead. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Coconut and lime taste good together. Would like to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Just a heavenly combo, isn’t it? These really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love this post! These look so delicious, right up my street. I love your recipes Elle! Thank you for sharing, I might try this over the bank holiday weekend x
These really are super yummy! Ooo I really hope you love them as much as we do. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Amazing post. These cookie look and sound amazing. I need to try these flavours together. Definitely try these next time I make cookies. Thank you for sharing.
They really are! This ingredient combo is just heavenly, I’m obsessed. I hope you love them as much as we do. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This recipe looks and most likely tastes amazing. We will definitely give it a try. We might also pair with our signature coconut-lime cocktail. Thank you for sharing!
It’s super yummy! Oh my days that sounds delicious. Cocktails and cookies – dreamy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Elle, you hooked me at coconut 🥥 and lime 🍋 . These cookies are screaming tropical flavors. Huge fan of the ingredients; no doubt these sweet treats are fire! Thanks for sharing another great recipe.
It’s just a heavenly combo, isn’t it? Can’t beat tropical flavours during the summer! I’m obsessed with how delicious these cookies are. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh this is a must try! Lime and coconut sounds like an amazing combo for the warmer weather and I absolutely love limes in any way they come! x
It really is a tropical dream, perfect for this summer! They are such a delicious ingredient, aren’t they? Thank you so much for commenting Xo