So lovely people, we may have a new obsession on our hands… what is that obsession you ask? Well, I think it’s muffins. I’m blooming loving making muffins at the moment and now that the all the fruit is coming into season, you can bet your life that I’ll be making batches and batches of muffins including all different types of fresh fruit. Because, let’s be honest, who could possibly turn down a fruit muffin? I know I couldn’t.
Already this year I’ve posted two muffin recipes and that’s just the beginning. I have got a fair few muffin recipes up my sleeve that I’ll be trial making and if they’re good enough, I’ll share with you guys. So buckle up and get yourself prepared as this may be the summer of the muffins!
That brings me into todays muffins. Damn, these muffins are just a fruity dream. I absolutely LOVE the combination of peach and raspberries together, it’s a match made in heaven. These muffins just scream spring/summer vibes and I’m SO here for it!
So if your in the mood for a deliciously fruity muffin, get yourself ready and let’s get baking…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 450g Of Plain Flour
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/4tsp Of Ground Nutmeg
- 85g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Granulated Sugar
- 55g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 240g Of Whole Milk
- 123g Of Frozen Raspberries, Do Not Defrost
- 1 Large Peach, Diced
How To Make Muffins:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment snd ingredients, line a muffin tin with muffin cases and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, In a large bowl, add the 450g of plain flour, 3tsp of baking powder and 1/4tsp of ground nutmeg, mix together then set aside.
- Next, using an electric whisk on a medium speed, whisk together the 85g of unsalted butter with the 200g of granulated sugar and 55g of light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the 1 egg, 2 egg yolks and 2tsp of vanilla extract to the wet mixture and beat until combined.
- Now, alternate adding the dry mixture and milk, making sure you start and end with the dry mixture, on a low speed, mix in to the wet ingredients.
- Placing your diced peach and frozen raspberries in a bowl with 2tbsp of plain flour, toss the fruit with the flour (TIP: Doing this step, stops all the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the muffins).
- Add the flour covered fruit into the muffin mixture and using a spatula, fold through the mixture.
- Divide the muffin mixture between muffin cases.
- Place the muffins into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden brown and a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Raspberry & Peach Muffins prepared, baked and ready for you to demolish.
Now, you could add some icing to these muffins if you wanted, but I decided to keep them plain as they are just as good without a topping.
Something I love about todays bake is that they are beautifully moist inside, they don’t get stuck on the roof of your mouth and they are just all round blooming delicious.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you ready to be inundated with muffins? Because, I sure am!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,