If you know me by now, you’ll know I absolutely LOVE a good old blondie. It’s one of my favourite bakes to do and after making these blondies a couple of weeks ago, it only felt right that I share this creation with you all asap.
I love myself a good combination of ingredients to really take my blondies to the next level. I usually put two or three delicious ingredients together to really give my blondies a punch in flavour and that’s exactly what todays blondie ingredients did.
Who doesn’t love strawberries and lemon together? It’s one of the best ingredient combos out there. It’s actually one of my favourite combinations to work with and I just knew it would work beautifully in these blondies today.
I decided to use fruit in todays blondies as summer is fast approaching and I just felt like these blondies I’m sharing with you today could easily be the ultimate summer blondie! With bbq / picnic / special occasion season upcoming, I felt these would be the perfect sweet treat for after your savoury snacks/meals.
Todays blondies are super sweet & tangy – just what the doctor ordered! You will not be disappointed in the outcome of todays bake, believe me. So if you’d like to make these blondies yourself, the recipe is below…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 55-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 230g Of Unsalted Butter
- 165g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Juice Of Two Fresh Lemons
- 310g Of Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Sicilian Lemon Extract
- 130g Of Fresh Strawberries, Diced
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 130g Of Royal Icing
- 4 Large Strawberries
- 2tbsp Of Lemon Juice
How To Make Blondies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 10inch square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the 230g of unsalted butter with 165g of granulated sugar until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Next, beat in the 1 egg.
- Once the egg has been beaten into the mixture, mix in the juice of two fresh lemons and 1tsp of sicilian lemon extract (TIP: it may look as though your mixture has split, don’t worry, it will all come together).
- Now, mix in the 310g of plain flour and 1/2tsp of baking powder with the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Gently, using a spatula, fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scrap the mixture into the pre-lined baking tray, the mixture will be thick so spread out carefully until evenly spread.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for around 30 minutes, until the corners of the blondie have become golden brown and a skewer placed into the centre of the mixture comes out clean (TIP: it may come out moist, that is absolutely fine to take out the oven. Just make sure it’s not wet).
- When baked, take out the oven and allow to cool in tin before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Blondies:
- Once your blondies have completely cooled down, it’s time to decorate.
- In a small bowl, add 130g of icing sugar and set aside.
- Next, in a blender, add 4 large strawberries and blast them until a puree has formed.
- When the puree has been made, strain the puree through a sieve into the icing sugar bowl.
- Now strained, add in 2tbsp of lemon juice into the small bowl with icing sugar and mix the icing sugar, puree and lemon juice together until no lumps remain.
- (TIP: if you feel your icing sugar is too thin, add another teaspoon of icing sugar until you reach your desired thickness. if too thick, add a little amount of lemon juice to loosen until you’ve reached your desired thickness).
- Pour your icing over the cooled blondies, leaving a small boarder around the edge so it doesn’t overflow.
- Finally, allow the icing to set for around an hour before slicing and serving.
That’s your Strawberry & Lemon Blondies prepared, cooled, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Something I absolutely love about these blondies is the topping. I love icing on top of cakes and cookies so I knew that a strawberry topping would work beautifully with todays bake. It just adds that extra kick of flavour which I’m obsessed with.
If your a blondie lover, these are a must try! They are super easy to make and the outcome, as I’ve mentioned 1000x at this point, is blooming delicious. So, what’s holding you back? Get your apron on, get your equipment and ingredients out and get creating!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these blondies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Do you love the combination of ingredients? What do you think of the icing?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,