Summer is fast approaching and you know what that means right?… a beautiful array of fruits finally come into season and you best believe I’ll be taking full advantage of that this year!
You guys will know by now what I’m like for my dreamy combinations of ingredients and I think you’ll also know my love for the blueberry & lemon combination!
I did a fair few recipes last year including both blueberries and lemon BUT one thing I didn’t do was add them into a cookie. I mean, how could I not of done that? Quite frankly I’m disappointed in myself. You all know how much we blooming love a cookie in this household so adding my favourite combination of fruit into them was a must!
And boy was I right, I just knew the blueberries and lemon would work beautifully together to make the yummiest, fruity cookies!
These cookies are soft, sharp, chewy yet melt in your mouth and are packed full of flavour. I think these might be up there with one of my favourite cookies I’ve ever done (bold statement, I know!).
So if you’d like to get making these yourself, the recipe is below…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 25-30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 345g Of Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 227g Of Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 250g Of Granulated Sugar
- 55g Of Brown Sugar
- Zest Of One Lemon
- Juice Of One Lemon
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 110g Of Frozen Blueberries, Defrosted
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a microwavable bowl, place your 227g of butter and in 30 second blasts, microwave the butter until melted. set aside too cool for 15 minutes.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, mix together 345g of plain flour, 1/2tsp of baking powder and 1/2tsp of bicarbonate of soda, then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cooled melted butter, 250g of white granulated sugar and 55g of brown sugar.
- Mix in the 1 large egg, 1 egg yolk, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Now, using a rubber spatula, add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- Once combined, fold in the 110g of defrosted blueberries.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon a 6 small dollops of mixture onto the lined baking tray (TIP: make sure there’s space between each cookie as they do expand).
- Place the baking trays into the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until the edges of the cookie have become golden brown.
- Finally, once baked, take the cookies out the oven and allow to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Blueberry & Lemon Cookies prepared, baked and ready for you to demolish.
If your a lover of the blueberry & lemon combination, do not, I repeat, DO NOT sleep on these cookies! They are a must make for the upcoming summer months.
So quick & easy too! I just love a cookie you can throw together in little time yet the outcome is delicious. Don’t you?
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a blueberry & lemon cookie lover?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,