As you’ll know back in March I shared with you those chocolate and raspberry tarts which I’d made especially for Mother’s Day. Well, I obviously made them pretty early that month so I could share them with you all but that meant I had nothing baked to give my mum on actual Mother’s Day. That’s when todays bake came to mind!
My mum absolutely loves my Millionaire Shortbread recipe, it’s quickly become her go-to when asking me to bake something for her. Only this time, instead of baking my usual millionaire shortbread, I decided to take this bake to the next level.
Earlier this year, I saw Jane’s Patisserie and James Martin (two incredibly talented chefs) collaborate together to make this delicious Salted Caramel Nut Slice. I instantly knew my mum would absolutely love this. I just knew this would be right up her street so guess what?… I made my own version, of course.
I changed a couple of the ingredients to tailor it to my mums preferred taste and I’m happy to announce she absolutely LOVED it.
This is the perfect slice to make when you’ve got a special occasion or gathering coming up. It’s quick and easy to make and it tastes unbelievably good – I think your loved ones will be pretty darn impressed if you pulled this bad boy out for desert.
So get yourself together, get your apron on and let’s get baking…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes
Decorating Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 50-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Shortbread:
- 4oz Of Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Unsalted Butter
- 10oz Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Caramel:
- 397g Of Carnation Caramel
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 100g Of Macadamia Nuts
- 100g Of Pecans
- 100g Of Pistachios Nuts
- 50g Of Milk Chocolate
How To Make Shortbread:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, beat together the 4oz of caster sugar with the 8oz of unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in your 2tbsp of vanilla essence.
- Next, slowly add in your 12oz of flour. (TIP: if it resembles breadcrumbs and not a dough, add in a splash of milk to help bind it together).
- Once a dough has been formed, using a spatula, press the shortbread into your loose bottomed tart tin until evenly distributed.
- Place the shortbread in the oven for around 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When baked, take out the oven and set aside to cool right down.
How To Assemble Tart:
- Once your shortbread has completely cooled down, its time to assemble your slice.
- Firstly, using the back of a spoon, smooth out the 397g of carnation caramel over the top of the shortbread (TIP: don’t place the caramel right to the edges as it will run over the edges).
- Secondly, chop up your 100g of macadamias, 100g of pecans and 100g of pistachios into small pieces.
- When you’ve finished chopping, sprinkle the nuts over the top of the caramel.
- Now, in a microwavable bowl, place your 50g of milk chocolate and in 30 second blasts, microwave the chocolate until it has completely melted.
- Finally, place the melted chocolate into a piping bag, snip the end of the piping bag off and drizzle the chocolate across the top of the nuts.
That’s your Caramel Nut Slice prepared, baked, assembled, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Not to toot my own horn or anything but I’m seriously chuffed with how this turned out.
You know me, I do love a bake which looks professional yet is super easy to make and todays bake is just that. There’s little to no effort needed and the outcome looks and tastes delicious – seriously what more could you ask for?
Let me know in the comments below if you make this slice yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Has it become you new fav?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,