Earlier this year I shared with you my homemade onion rings. On that post I commented on how they were one of the best kind of side orders to get. With that being said, you know another elite side order?… mozzarella sticks!
Yup, that’s right, these little pieces of cheesy heaven are 100% up there with one of the best side orders you can buy. Am I right or am I right?
There’s no need for deep fat fryers with todays mozzarella sticks, mine are cooked in the oven. Don’t go thinking they won’t be the same due to not using a fryer as honestly guys, todays mozzarella sticks are just as crispy and melt in your mouth – they are just delicious.
I’ve been working with this recipe for a while now, I’ve been working on perfecting my mozzarella sticks before sharing and now I think I’m at the perfect stage to share them with you.
Who needs restaurant mozzarella sticks when you can make them in the comfort of your own home? these are ridiculously easy to make, they take little to no time to throw together and come out just as good, if not better… BOY are you in for a treat with these little beauties!
Category: Savoury Snack / Dinner
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
ingredients You Need:
- Block Of Mozzarella Cheese, Cut Into Sticks
- 100g Of Plain Flour
- 89g Of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp Of Parmesan Cheese
- 0.5tsp Of Garlic Powder
- 3 Eggs
How To Make Mozzarella Sticks
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a shallow bowl add the 100g of plain flour and set aside.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk the eggs together then set aside.
- In a third shallow dish, mix together 89g of panko breadcrumbs, 2tbsp of parmesan cheese and 0.5 of garlic powder then set aside.
- Now, start by dipping the mozzarella stick into the plain flour and roll it around in the flour to make sure it’s fully coated.
- Next, dip the flour coated mozzarella stick in the beaten eggs and roll it around so its fully coated.
- Now, dip the coated mozzarella stick into the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Once the mozzarella stick is coated in breadcrumbs, place it onto the lined baking tray.
- Continue to do this for each of the mozzarella sticks.
- Place the mozzarella sticks into the freezer for 10 minutes and allow the sticks to freeze.
- When the 10 minutes is up and the mozzarella sticks are frozen, take out the freezer.
- Now, re-dip the mozzarella sticks into the egg and breadcrumbs to give them a second coating (TIP: do not coat in flour again!).
- Then, place the mozzarella sticks into the freezer again. Keep them in the freezer until ready to cook.
- When you’re ready to cook, take the mozzarella sticks out the freezer and allow to sit for 5 minutes and then place into the oven.
- Half way through the cooking (preferably before the mozzarella melts) turn the mozzarella sticks over.
- Finally, once the breadcrumbs have become golden, take the mozzarella sticks out the oven and allow to cool slightly on the baking tray before serving.
That’s your Mozzarella Sticks prepared, frozen, cooked and ready for you to enjoy!
These may not be as neat as the mozzarella sticks you get in a restaurant but damn, do they taste just as good… better even!
These are, in my humble opinion, the best homemade mozzarella sticks out there. They are packed full of flavour and literally melt in your mouth – ugh, they are just amazing.
If you make these mozzarella sticks yourself, let me know in the comments below what your thoughts were. Are these your new favourite treat?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,