Has the cranberry obsession carried on into the new year? Yes, yes it has! Am I turning cranberry crazy? Maybe but I can’t help it, they are just that good!
I’ve found working with cranberries and finding different ingredients to work with cranberries such a fun task. They are a fruit which pair beautifully with many other ingredients. Todays bake is a great representation of that!
Cranberries. White chocolate. Milk chocolate. Condensed milk. Ugh, need I say more. This may just be one of the best indulgent treats I’ve made. Period.
If your looking for something sweet, rich in flavour and want to satisfy your sugar cravings, I’d say todays bake is perfect for you. Put it this way, I don’t think they even lasted 3 days with my family. They were snatched up pretty quickly and that’s when I know a bake is good.
Category: Sweet Treats
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Cooling Time: 1 Hour
Overall Time: 1Hour 45Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 227g Of Salted Butter
- 135g Of Rolled Oats
- 2tbsp Of Brown Sugar
- 8oz Of Unsweetened Condense Milk
- 100g Of Dried Cranberries
- 100g Of White Chocolate Chips
- 50g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
How To Make Magic Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a small brownie tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 170C / 150C Fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, in a small pan, add the 227g of salted butter and place the pan into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the butter is in the oven, in a separate bowl add the 135g of rolled oats and 2tbsp brown sugar.
- Once the 5 minutes is up, take the butter out the oven and pour the butter into the rolled oats and brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Now, add the butter mixture into the brownie tin and using a spatula press the mixture down into the tin.
- Place the brownie tin into oven again for 5 minutes.
- When the 5 minutes is up, take out the oven, place on the counter and pour your condense milk on top.
- Sprinkle the 100g of white chocolate chips, 100g of dried cranberries and 50g of milk chocolate chips.
- Place the tin into the oven and allow to cook for 25 minutes (TIP: after 25 minutes, the mixture will still be bubbling, don’t panic, as the bars begin to cool it will harden).
- Finally, take the bars out the oven and allow to cool in the tin for around an hour to allow it to harden, then transfer to wire rack to cool further.
That’s your Cranberry & Chocolate Magic Bars prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
I’m quite literally obsessed with these little beauties. If your looking to satisfy your sugar cravings and want something packed with flavour, you’ve come to the right place!
This is something a little different from anything I’ve made before BUT you can bet your life I’ll be making these again. They are utterly delicious!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Did you indulge?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,