Now we all love a banana bread don’t we? I think 2020 lockdown proved that when banana bread became the most talked about and made sweet treat ever! Ok, not ‘ever’ but it became very popular.
Well, whilst scrolling through Pinterest, I came across a baker called @thebigmansworld who shares the most amazing healthy, keto friendly foods. Anyway, he had a recipe for this Raspberry Bread which instantly caught my eye.
How amazing does raspberry bread sound? So, I of course had to make it myself and DAMN! It’s blooming good. It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s moist. It’s packed full of flavour. It’s Gluten Free. It’s Dairy Free. What more could you possibly ask for? It’s the perfect bread.
Now, I can’t take full credit for todays recipe, I followed @thebigmansworld recipe and just added extra amounts of ingredients as I had them lying around.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 Minutes
Overall Time: 50-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 272g Of Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 200g Of Brown Sugar
- 227g Of Vegan Butter, Melted
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 60ml Of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 Bananas, Mashed
- 300g Of Fresh Or Frozen Raspberries
- 60g Of Vegan Milk Chocolate Chips
How To Make Raspberry Bread:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a microwavable bowl, microwave the butter in 30 second blasts until the butter has completely melted then set aside.
- Now, in a large bowl, mix together the 272g of plain flour, 200g of brown sugar and 1tsp of baking powder.
- Next, in the large bowl with the dry ingredients, slowly add the wet ingredients ( 227g of butter, 1tsp of apple cider vinegar, 2tsp of vanilla extract, 60ml of almond milk and 4 mashed bananas) and mix together until combined.
- Fold in the 200g of raspberries and 40g of milk chocolate chips.
- Once all the ingredients have been combined, pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Scatter over the remaining raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Place the loaf tin into the oven and bake for around 30-40 minutes, until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Finally, once baked, allow to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Raspberry Bread prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Can we take a moment to appreciate the pure beauty of this bread. I’d even go as far as saying that this raspberry bread is much better then banana bread… all banana bread enthusiasts, please don’t come for me! Haha.
You HAVE to check out @thebigmansworld (https://thebigmansworld.com) if you haven’t already, he really does share some amazing bakes. I’ve already planned on making a couple more of his stuff in the weeks to come.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this raspberry bread yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Raspberry or banana… what one do you prefer?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,