There are some people in this world who make out that pancakes are the easiest thing to make perfect but let’s be honest, they aren’t. They are pretty darn easy to mess up.
One night, it was around 3am in the morning and I couldn’t get to sleep as my brain was in overdrive, it came to me that it might be worthwhile whilst I’m sharing my pancake recipes with you all, to also share my tips and tricks on how i produce a pretty damn good pancake.
Now before we start, I want to emphasise that by no means am I perfect at making pancakes, I still mess up at times BUT it is something I’ve been doing with my mum for the last 18 or so years now so I’ve managed to get a good handful of tips and tricks under my belt which I think anyone who is in dire need of some assistance will appreciate.
Let’s be honest, there is nothing worse than getting all excited about pancake day, starting to make the pancake and it goes horribly wrong and ends up in the bin. I’ve been there plenty of times – it’s blooming heartbreaking.
So, before I ramble on any longer, let’s get into it:
Everything You Need To Know On How To Make The Perfect Pancake:
- Mix Ingredients In The Exact Order The Recipe Says – this is extremely important when it comes to making any recipe.
- If The Batter Seems Too Thick, Add More Milk – it’s quite common for pancake mixtures to come out a little thicker than preferred so by adding a dash of milk, it will loosen your batter.
- Allow The Batter To Sit For 10 Minutes For The Best Results – this will give the ultimate fluffy pancake.
- Use A Measuring Jug Or Ladle To Pour The Batter Into The Pan – measuring the batter ensures your pancakes are similar sizes and should all cook at a similar time.
- Cook Pancakes In A Pancake Pan For Best Results – pancakes always cook best in a non-stick pancake pan.
- Wait Until Bubbles Begin To Pop Up In The Centre Of The Pancake & The Edges Begin To Look Dry, To Flip The Pancake – you’ll know your pancakes are ready to flip when the bubbles begin to pop up in the centre. Wait for the bubbles to disburse and the edges of the pancake look dry then carefully flip over.
- Pour The Batter Straight Into The Centre Of The Pan – for the best results, pour the batter straight into the centre of the pan and allow the batter to naturally spread rather than pouring the batter in a circular motion.
- Vegetable Oil Is The Best Oil To Use To Oil Your Pan – over the years we’ve trialled different oils whilst making pancakes and we’ve found the best to be vegetable oil. It’s the best at making the pancake not stick.
- When Oiling The Pan, Don’t Use An Excessive Amount Of Oil – over oiling the pan will make the pancakes ultra oily. For best results, use a teaspoon amount of oil and with some kitchen roll, spread the oil out so the pan is evenly coated.
- If Adding Fillings To Your Pancakes (Blueberries, Strawberries, Chocolate Chips etc) Add Whilst The Pancake Is Cooking – it’s important to add your fillings whilst the pancake is cooking otherwise when going to flip the pancake over, the fillings will drop out.
These tips and tricks have been accumulated over the years and they’ve always worked amazingly for us. These are trialled and tested so if you are looking to make the perfect fluffy pancake, I’m almost certain these tips and tricks will help you on your way.
Happy Pancake Day for Tuesday everyone. I hope you stuff yourself with delicious pancakes and enjoy every moment of it. You can’t beat a stack of delicious pancakes, can you?
Let me know in the comments below wether you used any of these tips and tricks I shared with you today and how you found the outcome of your pancakes to be. Did you find them helpful?
Also, do you have any tips and tricks for me that you have found to make the best of the best pancakes? Let me know!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
These are some really helpful tips. I am not confident in making pancakes, so this post is really useful. I do love a good pancake. Thank you for sharing. I hope you enjoy Pancake Day!
Lauren – http://www.bournemouthgirl.com
People always say pancakes are easy to make but they certainly aren’t. After a good 18 years of practice, I feel like I’m finally getting there with knowing how to make a good pancake. I hope they helped you out lovely and you made some yummy pancakes. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are some great tips! When I tried to make my own pancakes back in lockdown, there was a lot of trial and error and there were occasions where they were FAR too thick actually haha! xxx
It’s defiantly a trial and error process with pancakes. It’s only now, after 18 years of failed pancakes that I’m feeling confident enough to share my tips and tricks haha. Can a pancake ever be too thick;) Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I agree about adding more milk if it feels too thick, I always seem to need more x
I defiantly think most pancake recipes need a good dash of milk to loosen them up. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Great tips, I love a thick fluffy pancake but you’re right, it can be so easy to ruin them x
Fluffy pancakes are a must on pancake day! Pancakes are so easy to ruin, it takes seconds for them to go from good to bad-.- Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Fab tips! I’ve never actually tried making pancakes before but I really want to this pancake day so these will be really handy! Thank you so much for sharing x
I really hope you managed to make some yummy pancakes and that these tips helped! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Great tips! I’ll be using them next time I make a batch! Thanks for sharing 🙂
I really hope these tips help lovely. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Some great tips on how to get the tastiest and fluffiest pancakes! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
I really hope these tips and tricks come in handy lovely! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I tend to make waffles because I have difficulty with pancakes. I think that I overmix the batter. I’ll try again using your tips. Thanks!
Honestly, it’s trial and error with pancakes, it defiantly takes time and patients but I hope these tips and tricks help you out! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I will keep all these tips in mind when I’m making pancakes next time.
I really hope these tips and tricks help you out and you make lots of yummy pancakes. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve never thought to add filling while they’re still cooking, only ever put a topping on after, might give it a try. x
Ooo defiantly give it a try, blueberries and chocolate chips are my favourite filling to add! I hope you enjoy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Great tips! I’ll definitely be trying these out next time I make pancakes.
I really hope these tips and tricks help you out lovely. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These pancakes look beyond amazing. Yummy.
Ah thank you so much & thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve never been able to perfect a good pancake but these tips are definitely helpful.
They aren’t as easy as people make out they are! I really hope these help you to make some yummy pancakes! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This sounded like quite a good recipe. I’ll have to let my partner know, as he loves pancakes more than me, haha. Thank you for sharing!
I hope your partner makes the yummiest pancakes! Thank you so much for commenting Xo