If you’ve been here a while, you’ll know that last year I shared with you my healthy flapjack recipe which you guys absolutely loved. So, I thought today I’d share a recipe with you which reminds me of that flapjack.
Admittedly todays bake is a granola bar but it has a similar texture to my flapjack so that’s where my brains at haha.
Todays granola bar is just dreamy. It’s ‘healthier’ that a lot of the bakes I share with you all, for this bake it’s 558 calories but you honestly wouldn’t think so. You know some healthy bakes just taste too healthy? Well todays bake isn’t like that, at all. Todays bake is the perfect amount of sweet with the cranberries and dark chocolate and has a beautiful chewy texture to it.
If your into your granola bars, why not try making your own? It is SO easy, takes little to no time and tastes absolutely delicious. This really is the bake to try!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 30-35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 100g Of Salted Butter
- 100g Of Honey
- 125g Of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 135g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Of Rolled Oats
- 50g Of Desiccated Coconut
- 100g Of Dried Cranberries
- 130g Of Almonds, Roughly Chopped
- 40g Of Plain Flour
- 25g Of Rice Krispies
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 250g Of Dark Chocolate, Melted
How To Make Granola Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, place the 100g of butter, 100g of honey and 125g of peanut butter into a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second blasts until the three ingredients have melted and combined.
- Now, add the 1/2tsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of vanilla extract and 135g of light brown sugar to the wet ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Then, add the 150g of rolled oats, 100g of dried cranberries, 50g of desiccated coconut, 130g of roughly chopped almonds, 40g of plain flour and 25g Rice Krispies and mix together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared dish and using a spatula, press the mixture down as firmly and evenly as you can.
- Place the dish into the oven for around 30 minutes, until just golden.
- Once baked, take out the oven and allow to cool down completely.
How To Decorate:
- Now that your granola bars have cooled completely it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwaveable bowl, break up the 250g of dark chocolate and microwave in 30 second blasts until melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the cooled slice and place into the fridge to set.
- Finally, allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour, then take out the fridge and cut into slices.
That’s your Almond, Cranberry & Dark a chocolate Granola Bars prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
This recipe really does make the perfect amount. They are chunky and jam packed with the good stuff.
Do you like granola bars? If you do and you find yourself making these, let me know in the comments below what your thoughts are. You know me, I love to know if you loved them!
That’s the good thing about granola bars, you can swop any kind of ingredient for something which you prefer and I can guarantee it will still taste delicious.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,