Now if you know me or have been reading my blog for a while, you will know my one true love in life is pizza. I’d happily eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (for snacks and desert also haha).
So whilst I was scrolling through Pinterest, I came across this recipe for keto friendly pizza balls (https://mouthwateringmotivation.com/2020/10/10/low-carb-keto-pizza-bites/?). As you can imagine, that instantly caught my eye and I knew I had to give them a go myself.
I didn’t actually have all the ingredients to make the pizza balls exactly the same as the original recipe so I used what I had and improvised.
Ladies and gents, boys and girls, get ready to get your bake on as these are little balls of perfection. They may be small but damn, do they pack a punch in flavour.
I really think you guys are doing to love these, so if you’d like to make them yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Savoury Snack
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Crust:
- 85g Of Almond Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Of Italian Herbs
- 1tsp Of Chilli Powder
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 140g Of A Block Of Mozzarella, Grated
Ingredients You Need For Filling:
- 20g Of Garlic Butter, Melted
- Sprinkle Of Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Pizza Balls:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, whisk together 85g of almond flour, 1tsp of baking powder, 1tsp of Italian herbs, 1tsp of garlic powder and 1tsp of chilli powder.
- Now in a microwavable bowl, add your 140g of grated mozzarella and place in the microwave and melt in 30second blasts, stirring between each blast until the cheese has completely melted (TIP: the cheese will melt together and go solid, that’s normal, don’t worry).
- Once the mozzarella has melted, whisk in your 1 beaten egg (TIP: its okay if the two ingredients don’t combine completely together).
- Add your dry ingredients into the cheese egg mixture and mix together until a dough begins to form.
- Knead the dough with your hand until the dough comes together (TIP: if you can’t get the dough to come together or you find the mozzarella separating, place the dough back into the microwave for 10seconds. Then knead the dough again with your hands. if needed add another tablespoon of almond flour to help. repeat this until the dough finally comes together).
- When the dough has come together, transfer onto some parchment paper (one piece of parchment paper underneath the dough, one on top) and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out thin, cut into circles and then between your hands, roll the dough into little balls.
- Once rolled into balls, place onto the pre-lined baking tray.
- Brush the pizza bites with the melted garlic butter and sprinkle some parmesan cheese ontop.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown in colour.
- Finally, take out the oven once baked and brush with the garlic butter and sprinkle again with parmesan cheese.
That’s your Pizza Balls prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Can we just take a moment to witness perfection. You can’t tell me that these little balls of goodness doesn’t make your mouth water.
Let’s just say, I’ll for sure be making these again and again throughout the year. If you couldn’t tell already… I’m obsessed!
Let me know in the comments below if you end up making these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Did you find them yummy?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,