Now if you know me or have been reading my blog for a while, you will know my one true love in life is pizza. I’d happily eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (for snacks and desert also haha).
So whilst I was scrolling through Pinterest, I came across this recipe for keto friendly pizza balls (https://mouthwateringmotivation.com/2020/10/10/low-carb-keto-pizza-bites/?). As you can imagine, that instantly caught my eye and I knew I had to give them a go myself.
I didn’t actually have all the ingredients to make the pizza balls exactly the same as the original recipe so I used what I had and improvised.
Ladies and gents, boys and girls, get ready to get your bake on as these are little balls of perfection. They may be small but damn, do they pack a punch in flavour.
I really think you guys are doing to love these, so if you’d like to make them yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Savoury Snack
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Crust:
- 85g Of Almond Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Of Italian Herbs
- 1tsp Of Chilli Powder
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 140g Of A Block Of Mozzarella, Grated
Ingredients You Need For Filling:
- 20g Of Garlic Butter, Melted
- Sprinkle Of Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Pizza Balls:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, whisk together 85g of almond flour, 1tsp of baking powder, 1tsp of Italian herbs, 1tsp of garlic powder and 1tsp of chilli powder.
- Now in a microwavable bowl, add your 140g of grated mozzarella and place in the microwave and melt in 30second blasts, stirring between each blast until the cheese has completely melted (TIP: the cheese will melt together and go solid, that’s normal, don’t worry).
- Once the mozzarella has melted, whisk in your 1 beaten egg (TIP: its okay if the two ingredients don’t combine completely together).
- Add your dry ingredients into the cheese egg mixture and mix together until a dough begins to form.
- Knead the dough with your hand until the dough comes together (TIP: if you can’t get the dough to come together or you find the mozzarella separating, place the dough back into the microwave for 10seconds. Then knead the dough again with your hands. if needed add another tablespoon of almond flour to help. repeat this until the dough finally comes together).
- When the dough has come together, transfer onto some parchment paper (one piece of parchment paper underneath the dough, one on top) and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out thin, cut into circles and then between your hands, roll the dough into little balls.
- Once rolled into balls, place onto the pre-lined baking tray.
- Brush the pizza bites with the melted garlic butter and sprinkle some parmesan cheese ontop.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown in colour.
- Finally, take out the oven once baked and brush with the garlic butter and sprinkle again with parmesan cheese.
That’s your Pizza Balls prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Can we just take a moment to witness perfection. You can’t tell me that these little balls of goodness doesn’t make your mouth water.
Let’s just say, I’ll for sure be making these again and again throughout the year. If you couldn’t tell already… I’m obsessed!
Let me know in the comments below if you end up making these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Did you find them yummy?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
Ooh these sound good! Bookmarked to try at a later date. Thank you!
These really are delicious. Oo you’ll have to let me know what you think! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look absolutely delicious! I’m always on the lookout for healthy and delicious recipes, so these are something I definitely need to try.
These are such a delicious alternative to your normal everyday pizza if your looking for something healthier. Such a delicious recipe! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I tried going keto just before the pandemic started. It’s surprisingly difficult to do when everything seems to have carbs in it, not ideal when you lack motivation to cook from scratch. This recipe seems great and easy enough to do though, so I may try it out
I totally get that, I’m not fully on a Keto diet, I just make Keto recipes which I like the sound of. I really hope my Keto recipes are helping you! I try to make them as easy as possible to follow as like you say, it can be difficult to cook from scratch everyday. These really are delicious, I can’t get enough of them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look delicious Elle and easy to make! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
They really are so easy to make, such a yummy recipe! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These sound amazing. I really want to try these pizza balls. Thank you for sharing.
They really are delicious! They’ve quickly become a favourite of mine. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
They do remind me of a Greek traditional dish which mostly is with different flavors of cheese. I think yours are a bit more interesting. I would love to try them out! Thank you!
Ooo that sounds amazing! These really are delicious, especially with the spices that I used. I’m obsessed! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I LOVE that this recipe is Keto friendly, I did a keto diet a few years ago but it was brand new so there were so few recipes or hacks!
Honestly, I’m loving sharing keto friendly food. I’m not fully on the diet myself but have found it’s defiantly got better as the years have gone on, there’s so many new varieties of food which I love. I’ll be sharing lots throughout the year! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
First time I heard of pizza balls…. i am really going ti try it…..
I hadn’t ever heard of them before I came across that recipe – such a good idea, isn’t it? They really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yum! Keto-friendly pizza? Yes, please! These look so delicious! I will have to give them a try. 🙂
Ooo they really are amazing. If you love pizza, you’ll love these little balls of perfection! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look like a perfect app for a winter party.
Omg yes! These would be an amazing appetiser to kick start a party. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Looks great 😋😋. Loved that you used Almond flour. Thanks for sharing
Almond flour is such a lovely flour to work with, I’ve grown really fond of it over the last year. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oooh yum! These look like the perfect snack and they’d also be great as little nibbles before a dinner party!
Omg yes! These will be the perfect appetiser to kick start a party off. They really are little balls of perfection. So tasty! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yummy! This looks like a good tea time snack. Thank you for sharing.
These really are the perfect little snack, they are super yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks yummy. It’s good for us who work a lot and have little time haha. Easy to eat it and can do it at work. Thank you for sharing!
It’s such a easy, quick recipe to do and the outcome is super yummy! Exactly, they are the perfect little snack to munch on. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’ve heard that keto food is pretty good for diabetics (not the diet as a whole, but the principles at least) so this will be brilliant for me and my husband. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah it defiantly is, it’s recommended by consultants quite often to try the keto diet when diabetic as it’s low in carbs. This is such a brilliant recipe and I promise I’ll be sharing more throughout the year! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Interesting Keto-Friendly recipe. Love almond flour. I may try this recipe with coconut flour since i have some in my pantry. Love that the pizza balls are baked and not fried.
I’ve grown really fond of almond flour, it’s a really lovely flour to work with. Defiantly try with coconut flour, I’m sure it will be just as yummy! They are the perfect little snack and so easy to make! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oo, delicious! I have never tried pizza balls before, but the flavors marry so well together, I would eat these in a second. 🙂
I’d never heard of them myself until I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Honestly, these spices go so beautifully together. It’s a ball of pure yumminess. Thank you so much for commenting Xo