Last year I shared with you two recipes which quickly became two of my most read posts. I shared with you my ‘Sloppy Joes Recipe’ and my ‘Philly Cheese Stake Recipe’ which you guys really seemed to love.
So, whilst I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for inspiration, I came across a recipe very similar to the one I’m sharing with you today and I of course had to give it a try. What I love about this recipe is that its basically merging the two recipes that you loved above together and the outcome is just heavenly.
If your wanting something that’s quick to make, is filling and not to heavy feeling on the stomach then todays bake is for you.
These stuffed peppers make the perfect dinner and if your worried about the complexity, then don’t! these are so blooming easy to make. They don’t take a long time either. You can’t ask for more then that can you?
So if you’d like to make these stuffed peppers yourself, my recipe is below:
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 4 Peppers, Halved
- 340g Of Steak Medallions
- 20g Of Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 20g Of Mozzarella Cheese
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
How To Make:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, get your 4 peppers and cut them in half and de-seed.
- Next, place the peppers onto a lined baking tray, spray some low calorie cooking spray over the 4 pepper halves and place in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Whilst the peppers are in the oven, cut up the steak medallions small strips.
- Spray some cooking spray into a frying pan, place over a high heat and add the steak. Fry the steak on both sides until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, take the pepper halves out the oven.
- Divide the steak and mushrooms between the 4 pepper halves and add your sliced red pepper and onions.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over the top of the steak filled peppers and place back into the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Finally remove from the oven and serve.
That’s your Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper prepared, fried, cooked and ready to you to enjoy!
Can we take a moment to appreciate how advertising and yummy these look. I almost think they sell themselves!
If you haven’t tried stuffed peppers before, let me be the one to tell you to try them asap! Quite honestly, I don’t think you can beat these for a dinner, they are just scrummy.
Let me know if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Did you enjoy?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,