Well guys, that’s the end of my Halloween posts for 2021! I can’t believe it’s the end of October already. Mind you, that does mean one thing… CHRISTMAS is near! it’s actually blowing my mind that in 2 months time, it’ll be 2022.
I’m ending this years Halloween content with these Frankenstein Whoopie Pies and guys, I think your going to love these!
I saw a picture that someone had made similar to these on Pinterest and just had to make them for you guys! They caught my eye straight away and i instantly knew how much they’d be loved by the kiddy winks.
These little guys took no longer than an hour to make so if your in a rush last minute and you need to whip something up, you can make these. Plus, they are so easy to make, there’s not faffing around with these, they are pretty straight forward and perfect to make with children.
So if you’d like to see how I made these, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Cooling Time: 30 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 1Hr 10Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Whoopie Pies:
- 250g Of All-Purpose Flour
- 32g Of Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4tsp Of Baking Powder
- 115g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 240ml Of Skimmed Milk
- 1tbsp Of Lemon Juice
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 175g Of Unsalted Butter
- 300g Of Icing Sugar
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Colouring
- 22 Candy Eyeballs
- 22 White Mini Marshmallows
How To Make Chocolate Whoopie Pies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a medium sized bowl, mix together the 250g of all-purpose flour, 32g of cocoa powder and 1 1/4tsp of baking powder.
- Then, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the 115g of unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add in the 200g of light brown sugar and beat on a medium-high speed until fluffy and combined.
- Beat in the egg and 2tsp vanilla extract on a high speed until combined.
- On a low speed, add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Now, in a jug, pour 240ml of skimmed milk and add the 1tbsp of lemon juice and mix together. Then, add half the milk mixture into the dry/wet ingredients mixture and mix.
- Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and milk mixture until everything is added and combined (TIP: the mixture should be thick and cake batter like).
- Using a table spoon, scoop the batter onto the lined baking tray, making sure you leave them 2-3inchs apart as they mixture does spread.
- Once the trays are filled, place into the oven for around about 10 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
- When the pies have baked, take out the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
How To Decorate The Whoopie Pies:
- Once your pies have cooled down, it’s time to start decorating.
- In a large bowl, add 175g of unsalted butter and using an electric whisk (or a wooden spoon if you don’t have a hand-held whisk);beat the butter for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the icing sugar, a little at a time, beating the butter and icing sugar together until a buttercream forms.
- When your happy with the buttercream, add in the 2tsp of vanilla extract and a few drops of green food colouring and mix until combined.
- Place the green buttercream into a piping bag and snip the end of the piping bag off.
- Pipe the buttercream on one side of the pie, making sure you pipe the buttercream close to the edges.
- Then, place another pie on-top of the buttercream.
- Finally, place two candy eyesballs into the buttercream which is around the edge of the pie and then place two mini marshmallows into either side of the eyes.
That’s your Frankenstein Chocolate Whoopie Pies prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Come on, you’ve got to admit that these are super cute! They are just the perfect bake to end my 2021 Halloween content.
I really hope you enjoy this years Halloween bakes. I know there’s not as many bakes this year as previous years but I wanted to make 5 bakes which were simple and easy to make. So that anyone of any skill set / age could enjoy making them!
Let me know if you end up making these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them.
Also, keep your eyes peeled, Christmas content may be coming sooner than you think…
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,