Every year myself and my family celebrate bonfire night. We have a family tradition that every year we gather at my uncles house and have a firework display.
Whilst watching the firework display, my auntie always hands out a soup which she’s made and boy, is it good. It’s the perfect soup to warm you up inside whilst your out in the cold – we love it!
Recently, myself and my mum were racking our brains on what vegetable to put in our soup when a butternut squash came to our minds. It’s a vegetable that neither myself or my mum have tried so we thought we’d give it a go.
Now, I don’t mean to toot my own horn or anything but I think this is the PERFECT soup for this time of year! It’s autumnal, it’s a proper warming soup which will be perfect for the cold nights ahead and a bonfire night dream.
So, if you’d like to make this soup yourself, my recipe is below:
Serves: 3 Large Bowls
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Equipment You Need:
- Soup Machine – https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/soup-makers/morphy-richards-501021-compact-soup-maker-stainless-steel-
Ingredients You Need For Soup:
- 1/2 A Large Butternut Squash, Peeled & 1cm Cut Into Cubes
- 2 Medium Sized Potato’s, Peeled
- 1 Onion
- 700ml Of Vegetable Stock
- 30g Of Butter
- 1tbsp Of Paprika
- 1tbsp Of Mild Chilli Powder
- Grated Cheese
How To Make Soup:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, put the 30g of butter into the soup machine.
- Next, add half the butternut squash, 2 potato’s and 1 onion into the soup machine.
- Add the 700ml of vegetable stock (or up until you reach the max line in the soup machine).
- Then, add the salt, pepper, 1tbsp of paprika and 1tbsp of mild chilli powder.
- Turn the machine on and place onto smooth. Allow the machine to cook until it begins to alert you that it’s finished.
- Once it’s finished, add in some grated cheese and mix together.
- Finally, when serving, pour the soup into your bowl and top with some grated cheese.
That’s your Butternut Squash Soup prepared, cooked and ready for you to enjoy!
If your looking for a way to incorporate vegetables into your diet without actually feeling like your eating them – soup will be perfect for you.
I’m obsessed with this soup and I think you guys will be too. If you do make this soup yourself, let me know your thoughts. Did you love it?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,