I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that I’m obsessed with making deserts with fruits this year. I’ve gone in on the fruits and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, hehe.
Anyway, I couldn’t go through summer without making a summer fruit crumble. It’s one of my all time favourite deserts and quite frankly, I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to put blueberries together with raspberries to see the outcome.
I’d never done a crumble quite like this one before. I’d never placed blueberries with raspberries, I’d never used honey to give it sweetness only ever sugar and I’d never used cornflakes in the topping BUT it came together like a dream. You for sure won’t be disappointed in this crumble.
So if your after the perfect summer crumble, the recipe is below:
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 Minutes
Overall Time: 65 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 300g Of Fresh Raspberries
- 359g Of Frozen Blueberries, Defrosted
- 60g Of Honey
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 50g Of Butter
- 100g Of Plain Flour
- 50g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 40g Of Porridge Oats
- 25g Of Cornflakes
How To Make Crumble:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat your oven for 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl, combine the 350g of defrosted blueberries with the 300g of raspberries, 60g of honey and 1tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Transfer the blueberry mixture into a baking dish.
- Next, to make the topping, rub together the 50g of butter with the 100g of plain flour and 50g of light brown sugar until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir the 40g of porridge oats and 25g of cornflakes into the crumble mixture.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the blueberry mixture.
- Place the crumble in the oven for around 30-35 minutes or until golden brown all over and bubbling underneath.
- Finally, once cooked, take out the oven and it’s ready to serve.
That’s your Blueberry & Raspberry Crumble prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Doesn’t this just look delicious? Well I can verify it tastes just as good as it looks.
I feel like I’m defiantly making the most of the summer fruits this year, they’ve become my favourite thing to bake with! do you like baking with fruit?
Let me know if you end up making this yourself and what your thoughts were. I always love to hear from you guys.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,