My mum and Nan have both taught me one lesson in life, which is ‘homemade is always better’ and as I’ve grown older, it’s something I’ve come to realise is true.
Now by no means am I slagging off Sainsbury’s food but when it comes to certain things in life, it’s just a fact that they’re better homemade!
Talking of homemade food, today I’m sharing with you my mums potato wedges. Boy, are you guys in for a treat as these are top notch.
I’m actually quite fussy when it comes to potato’s. I find the texture of them makes me cringe (weird I know) but when my mum started making these, I just fell in love with them. These wedges are soft & fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside – the perfect potato if I do say so myself.
If these sound up your street and you’d like to know how to make them, my mums famous potato wedges recipe is below:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Boiling Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 65 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 4 Baked Potato’s
- Smoked Paprika
- Peri Peri Seasoning
- Mild Chilli Powder
- 1 Cal Sunflower Spray ( Low Calorie Cooking Spray )
How To Make Potato Wedges:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, fill a large saucepan up with water, sprinkle in some salt and place over a high heat until boiling.
- Whilst the water is boiling, cut your 4 baking potato’s into thick wedges.
- Once your water is boiling, lower the temperature to a medium heat and place your wedges into the water.
- After 10 minutes, take the wedges out saucepan and drain the water.
- Place the wedges onto the baking tray.
- Spray the potato wedges with the low calorie cooking spray (TIP: we use 1 Cal Sunflower Spray as it makes the wedges crisper) then sprinkle over the smoked paprika, peri peri seasoning and mild chilli powder.
- When your happy with the seasoning of your wedges, place in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Take out the oven after 20 minutes, turn the wedges over, spray with low calorie cooking spray and sprinkle over the seasonings again.
- Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes (TIP: to check your wedges are cooked, pierce with a knife to make sure they’re soft).
- Finally, take out the oven and serve!
That’s your Low Calorie Potato Wedges prepared, seasoned, cooked and cooked again ready for you to eat!
I say this a lot here on my blog but I really do think the pictures do the talking. I can big my mums wedges up as much as I like but these pictures are the thing which will defiantly sell them to you guys. UNREAL!
If your a potato wedge fan and your giving these a try, let me know what you think. I always love hearing wether you liked my recipes or not.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,