you may ask why I’m sharing these cookies today when I’ve got a recipe very similar that I uploaded back last year BUT today’s cookies are a little different from my last.
I think my mum has found an ingredient which completely changes the game! Whilst she was scrolling through ASDA, my mum came across Chocolate Flour (https://groceries.asda.com/product/flour/mc-dougalls-plain-chocolate-flour-blend/1000268861317). I know! Chocolate flour! What the hell?! If you already knew this existed, please don’t take the micky out of me for being so excited with this find (haha).
Quite honestly, these cookies are a chocolate dream. Rather than adding cocoa powder which usually gives it that rich chocolatey taste, I substituted it for this flour and let me tell you… these tasted blooming delicious! You wouldn’t think a chocolate flour could taste just as chocolatey (if not more chocolatey) then cocoa powder but this honestly does. GAME CHANGER!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 250g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Demerara Sugar
- 150g Of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 500g Of Plain Chocolate Flour (https://groceries.asda.com/product/flour/mc-dougalls-plain-chocolate-flour-blend/1000268861317)
- 200g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2tsp Of Milk
How To Make The Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add your 250g of unsalted butter, 200g of demerara sugar and 150g of granulated sugar and mix/cream together.
- Next, add your 2 beaten eggs with the 1tbsp of vanilla extract and mix into the butter mixture.
- Fold in your 200g of milk chocolate chips.
- Now add your 500g of chocolate flour, 3tsp of baking powder and 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda and mix together until a cookie dough has formed (TIP: if the mixture isn’t coming together, add 2tsp of milk which should then bring your dough together).
- Once your dough has formed, wrap your dough in clingfilm and place into the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Whilst your cookie dough is in the fridge, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- When the 30 minutes is up, take your cookie dough out the fridge, unravel it from the clingfilm and using a ice-cream scoop or your hands (I use my hands), take a scoop of dough, roll it into a ball and place on the baking trays. Continue to do this until there’s no dough left (TIP: I don’t measure my cookies out, I go by eye but measure them on a scale if you’d prefer).
- Once the trays are full / there’s no cookie dough left, place your cookies into the oven for around 12-14 minutes.
- Finally, when your cookies have baked, leave to harden on the baking tray before moving onto a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Extra Chocolatey, Milk Choc Chip Cookies prepared, chilled, baked and ready for you to demolish!
If your a chocolate fan, these are going to be right up your street. A chocolatey dream!
I thought I’d share with you a little more of an indulgent bake as my last couple of cookie recipes have been low calorie.
Let me know if you buy this chocolate flour yourself (they do it in both plain & self-raising) and what you think of it. I’m for sure going to be re-purchasing.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
I’ve never heard of chocolate flour so that’s definitely news to me! This sounds like a dreamy recipe x
I’d never heard of chocolate flour before this recipe but boy, it’s a game changer! These are a chocolate dream. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Chocolate flour?! That’s a new one on me! These look so tasty though, I could eat a plate of these! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
It’s amazing! They are so moreish. Honestly, these cookies are chocolate heaven. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
There’s nothing better than proper chocolately, gooing cookies. These look absolutely DELICIOUS and chocolate flour… mmmm!
Oooo I have to agree, you can’t beat a gooey, chocolate cookie – the best! The chocolate flour really gives it a rich taste, unreal. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
My mouth is positively watering, these sound incredibly delicious. I feel like I can almost smell them from your picture!
Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/
When I was writing this up, I had to tear myself away from eating the whole plate! The pictures do the talking don’t they? Unreal. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This recipe looks so delicious! I love cookies SO much and my mouth is now watering haha x
Cookies are the best aren’t they? I can’t get enough of them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love chocolate cookies & these look so good! I also had no idea chocolate flour was a thing!
I had no idea myself about chocolate flour until recently and just had to share with you guys as it’s a game changer! These are absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look absolutely delicious! I’m on the hunt for chocolate flour now…I had no idea that this existed!
Asda do the chocolate flour in both plain and self-raising! Honestly, it’s a game changer! These really are rich, chocolatey goodness. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh, my goshhhh this sounds AMAZING! Chocolate flournis totally new to me but I can just imagine the level of wonderful richness it adds. Yum!
You can’t beat a chocolate cookie, can you? The chocolate flour really does add the richest, chocolatey flavour – it’s amazing! So yummy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look AMAZING!!! I’m such a huge chocolate fan these are right up my alley. I had no idea that chocolate flour was a thing. I’m going to look it up and see if I can find it in my area 🙂
You’ll absolutely love these, they are a chocolate dream! Ah it’s amazing, honestly, it’s so worth the money. I hope you can find some! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Great recipe! I didn’t even know chocolate flour existed but I’m dying to try this recipe out now, haha – these cookies look DIVINE! Thanks for sharing x
It’s honestly insane – game changer! They are the richest, chocolatey cookies! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look like they’d be super soft inside and absolutely amazing when warmed up! I love finding new cookie recipes to try out.
Oh boy, they are super gooey inside when warmed up! I can’t get enough of them, they are delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks yummy. I like to keep snack close to me when working. I’m going to try this Milk Choc Chip cookies. Thank you for sharing!!
These cookies are the best chocolatey snack! Perfect to have whilst working as they are lovely and filling. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I have never heard of chocolate flour!! This is cool! Looks so yummy! I am sure kiddos will love it! Thanks for sharing!!
It’s so amazing isn’t it? Couldn’t believe how nice it was when I put it into these cookies, it gave them the richest, chocolatey taste! Omg yes, the kids will love it. Thank you so much for commenting Xo