One of my favourite cakes to bake is carrot cake. It’s a very nostalgic cake for me. It reminds me of the church fairs i use to go to when I was younger. Every year my auntie would make the most delicious carrot cake which she’d sell slices of and it was always first to sell out.
For some strange reason though, carrot cake always reminds me of Easter. I couldn’t tell you why but it just does, therefore, I knew this year that I wanted to bake some kind of sweet treat inspired by carrot cake. That’s where today’s bake comes into play…
I was scrolling through Pinterest when I found a picture of these carrot cake bars. now, I’ll be honest, they didn’t look the most appealing (neither do mind to be fair) but boy, did they sound good! So guess what I’m making for you today?
Category: Desert / Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients You’ll Need For Carrot Cake Bars:
- 113g Of Butter
- 200g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 136g Of All Purpose Flour
- 1tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2 Shredded Carrots
Ingredients You’ll Need For Cheesecake Swirl
- 113g Of Cream Cheese
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
How To Make Carrot Cake Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin with parchment paper (8X8 tin is recommended) and preheat the oven to 177C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, place your 113g of butter into the microwave, microwave for around 30 seconds (or longer) until butter is completely melted.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and 200g of light brown sugar and mix to combine.
- Once combined, stir in the 1 large egg and 1tsp of vanilla extract and mix again.
- Next, add in the 136g of all purpose flour, 1tsp of cinnamon and 1/4tsp of baking powder and stir until completely combined.
- Once the ingredients have been completely combined then fold in the shredded carrots.
How To Make Cheesecake Swirl:
- In a medium sized bowl using a electric hand whisk, beat together the 113g of cream cheese and 50g of granulated sugar.
- Next, add in the 1 large egg yolk and 1tsp of vanilla extract and beat again until smooth and creamy.
How To Assemble Your Carrot Cake Bars:
- Firstly, add around half of the carrot cake mixture into the lined baking tin and spread it out with a spatula.
- Secondly, add half the cheesecake mixture to the carrot cake mixture (TIP: add the mixture by dolloping it onto the carrot cake mixture. Don’t swirl yet).
- Then add the remaining carrot cake mixture on top and around the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the remaining cheesecake mixture by dolloping on top of the carrot cake mixture and using either a knife or skewer and swirl the mixtures together. Swirl as much as you’d like.
- Once your done swirling, put the carrot cake bars into the oven and cook for around 35-40 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. (There will be a slight wiggle in the middle).
- Finally, when the bars have been baked completely, allow to cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Once cooled, cut the bar into 9 pieces. Keep in the refrigerator.
That’s your Carrot Cake Bars prepared, swirled, cooked and ready to be demolished!
I’ve heard of brownies and blondies but cake bars? That’s a first for me. Honestly I didn’t even know it was possible to create cake bars until recently so me being me, had to give them a go! I’m really pleased with the outcome. It’s moist & oozes carrot cake goodness.
Let me know if you get baking these yourself and if you do, let me know what you think!
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
Oh wow! My man would looove these! He’s s fiend for carrot cake. Love that it’s a trey bake too!
Carrot cake is the best! It’s super quick and easy to make and tastes utterly delish. Thank you so much xo
Okay everything carrot cake is a huge yes to me! These sound delicious and have to try them soon! Love the decorations on top too, are they sugar? Thank you for sharing x
It’s the best isn’t it? Honestly, you’ll love them, anyone with a carrot cake addiction will. Yeah, they are sugar, cute aren’t they? the decorations are either from hobby craft or cake angels. Thank you so much xo
Lovely carrot cake. I love it. This recipe is fab
Thanks for sharing
Thank you so much! Carrot cake is the best xo
Mmm! Looking good and very much full of Easter vibes. I love the idea of cake bars as opposed to blondie bars or even cupcakes. Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes too; it is so moist!
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much! Honestly, if your a carrot cake lover, you’ll love these. They are super moist and taste amazing! Xo
Ooh wow! These look delicious!
Thank you so much! They are super yummy xo
Wow yummy!!!!!!! These carrot cake bars look so tasty. You made me wanna try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
It’s a ‘must try’ recipe for sure! If your a carrot cake lover, you’ll absolutely love these! Thank you so much xo
Wow, these sound delicious! Def adding this to my list of spring recipes.
They honestly are! If you do give them a go, let me know what you think. They are super yummy xo
These sound delicious! I love carrot cake and it’d be so fun to make them like this for Easter.
They are super yummy! Perfect for a Easter treat. Thank you so much xo