Now would it be a celebration if I didn’t include a cookie recipe? I think not.
You can’t go wrong with a cookie, can you? Warm or cold, gooey or crunchy, small or large – cookies always know how to hit the spot and are the definition of glorious.
If you hadn’t noticed, cookies are one of my favourite things to share with you guys on my blog. I feel like you can never have enough cookie recipes. They’re one of those things that will always stay with you so the moment you fancy a cookie, you have the recipe imbedded in your mind so can make one. Therefore, it only felt right that I share with you the ultimate brown sugar cookie stuffed with mini eggs, perfect for Easter.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 120g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Brown Sugar
- 150g Of Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Corn Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 100g Of Mini Eggs, Chopped Into Small Pieces
- Mini Egg Bag
- 80g Of White Chocolate, Chopped
How To Make Mini Egg Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 120g of unsalted butter and 100g of dark brown sugar until pale in colour.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the 1 egg and 1tsp of vanilla extract then beat again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the 150g of plain flour, 1/2tsp of corn flour, 1/2tsp of bicarbonate of soda and 1/2tsp of baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet. Also add the 100g of small mini egg chunks and 80g of chopped up white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Place your cookie dough into the fridge for around 40 minutes (or in the freezer for 20 minutes) to chill.
- Towards the end of the chilling time, preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Once chilled, remove the cookie dough from the fridge and using a icecream scoop or hands, scoop the cookie dough into balls and place onto the baking trays, making sure there’s room between each cookie to allow them to spread.
- Before placing the cookies into the oven, push 3 or 4 mini eggs into the balls.
- Place the cookies into oven for around 10 minutes, until the edges are turning just golden.
- When cooked, take out the oven and allow the cookies to cook right down on the trays before turning out onto a wire rack. (TIP: these cookies are very delicate once out of the oven, so give them time to harden).
That’s your Brown Sugar, Mini Egg Cookies prepared, chilled, baked and ready to demolish!
Honestly, brown sugar cookies have quickly become one of my favourite type of cookies to bake! They have the most amazing taste to them and pairing them with mini eggs… just perfection *chefs kiss*.
Let me know if you’ll be making these this Easter and wether you liked them or not. I think I already know the answer but I do love to hear it from you guys rather than just assume haha!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,