You guys know by now that I get most my inspiration from Pinterest or YouTube and today’s bake is inspired by ‘Emma’s Rectangle’ on YouTube.
Emma is a little bit of everything youtuber and is always sharing her bakes and cooks on her vlogs which is something I love about her channel!
One of her most loved recipes is her healthy pancakes. Honestly they look super delicious so it inspired me to make my own.
As you know I’ve been trying to incorporate more ‘healthy’ foods onto my blog and something I always thought would taste rank is healthy pancakes. I have no idea why, I suppose I’ve always thought of pancake day as a day of indulgence but I couldn’t have been more wrong. These pancakes are banana goodness!
So if you’d like to get baking these bad boys for yourself, then the recipes below:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 Minutes Each
Ingredients You Need:
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 3tsp Of Vanilla Essence
- 70g Of Rolled Oats
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
How To Make Pancakes:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients and equipment.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mash both of your bananas until smooth.
- Add both the eggs and 3tsp of vanilla essence into the bowl with the bananas and mix until well combined.
- Next, add in the 70g of oats and 1tsp of cinnamon and mix again until well combined.
- Place your frying pan over the hob which should be on a medium heat and add a scoop of your pancake batter to the frying pan. Smooth out the batter to give a even layer. (TIP: I’d say less is more with these pancakes, their quite thick so take longer to cook).
- Cook the pancake for around 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles releasing from the top of the batter.
- Flip the pancake over and cook until the other side is golden brown – this should take around 1-2 minutes.
- Once you’ve cooked each of the pancakes, garnish with whatever you want. I garnished with bananas and golden syrup!
Ok, so I realise the photos of the pancakes make them look like Mc Donald’s burgers – they certainly aren’t the best looking pancakes I’ve seen BUT they went down an absolute treat with my family and everyone thoroughly enjoyed them. So don’t let the photos put you off haha.
Do you fancy giving these a go? if you do, let me know what you think. Who would have ever of thought ‘healthy’ pancakes would change the game? I certainly didn’t.
I hope you all enjoy your yummy pancakes this pancake day!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,