Here’s a cheeky extra upload for you all!
One of my all time favourite bakeries to buy cookies from is Millies Cookies! I think they are the best in the game when it comes to cookies and honestly, they never disappoint.
So for my besties birthday, I baked her, her very own Millies Cookie and let’s just say, I think it came out blooming good. So, I had the urge to make another giant cookie for Valentine’s!
I was inspired today by Millies Cookies obviously but I was also inspired by amazing Janes Patisserie, who baked her very own giant cookie for valentines. This women is a genius and every bake she does, I feel inspired by.
So if your looking for something to bake for your partner this Valentine’s or your a singleton who fancies treating themselves to heavenly bake, then this recipe is for you!
This is my Giant Valentine’s Day Cookie…
Makes: 1 Large Cookie & 3 Small Cookies
Large Cookie Serves: 15
Small Cookies Serve: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes Each
Cooling Time: 1 Hour
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 2 Hours
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 550g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 2tbsp Of Corn Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 230g Of Unsalted Butter
- 110g Of Granulated White Sugar
- 270g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 300g Of White Chocolate Chips
- 200g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
How To Make Giant Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, grease two heart shaped tins with butter, line a circle tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to around 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl add the 550g of plain flour, 2tsp of bicarbonate of soda and 2tbsp of cornflour and set aside.
- Next, in another large bowl, melt the butter until runny. Then, add the 110g of granulated white sugar and 270g of light brown sugar to the melted butter. Using an electric whisk, whisk them together until smooth.
- Once smooth, add in the 2 large eggs and 2tbsp of vanilla extract and whisk again briefly until smooth.
- Little by little, add in the dry ingredients and the 500g of chocolate chips and mix together until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Press the mixture into each of the tins, (TIP: fill to about 3/4 to allow the cookie room to rise).
- Before putting in the oven, press some pink and red smarties into the dough.
- Now, place in the oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes, until the top of the cookie looks dry.
- Once the cookie has been cooked, leave to cool in the tin for around 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Then, allow the cookie to cool completely.
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 100g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pink Food Colouring
- Red & Yellow M&M’s
How To Decorate:
- Now it’s time to decorate (I only decorated the largest cookie, feel free to use any excess icing to decorate the little hearts)!
- Firstly, in a large bowl, add the 100g of butter and using an electric whisk, beat the butter for around 2 minutes until it’s light in colour and looser in consistency.
- Secondly, add the 200g of icing sugar, 1tbsp of vanilla bean paste and pink food colouring to the beaten butter and beat again until smooth.
- Once your icing is done, using any nozzle you like and a piping bag, pipe a pink boarder around the edge of the large cookie. Add the red and yellow M&M’s to the piped buttercream.
- Finally, using a piping bag with no nozzle, add in the buttercream to the bag and cut the pointy end of the piping bag. Pipe a giant ‘I ♥ You’ in the middle of the large cookie.
That’s you Giant Valentines Cookie prepared, baked, decorated and ready to indulge in this Valentine’s.
Ok, not to toot my own horn or anything here but how blooming amazing does this look? I’d like nothing more than to receive this on Valentine’s!
Although, that being said this doesn’t have to just be for Valentine’s, you can create this giant cookie for any occasion or if you just fancy a delicious treat on these lockdown evenings.
Let me know if your going to make this giant Valentine’s cookie yourself and what you think of it!
I hope you all have a lovely Valentine’s Day wether your loved up or a single-pringle. Treat yourselves – your worth it.
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,