Ok, so you may notice that today’s recipe is incredibly similar to the cookie recipe I posted last week – the triple chocolate chip cookie one! That’s because it’s basically the same recipe but with a few little changes.
I believe I mentioned this in my last cookie post but I really want to try and share as many different cookie recipes with you all as possible. I thought I could start a ‘cookie series’ here on my blog where I try and create different cookies with a array of flavourings and fillings so you guys can get baking them too. I know oh so well how everyone feels about a cookie *wink wink*.
I thought I’d start this cookie series off with your standard choc chip cookie as these are just the perfect cookie for a everyday sweet treat. Want a cookie to nibble on whilst working? got you sorted. Want a cookie to dunk in your tea whilst watching the soaps? got you sorted. These may be classed as boring to some but to me, these are just right!
So if you’d like to know how to make these chocolate chip cookies, the recipe is below:
Ingredients You Need:
- 250g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Demerara Sugar
- 150g Of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Essence
- 500g Of Plain Flour
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 300g Of Milk Cooking Chocolate
- Dash Of Milk
How To Make Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- firstly, gather together your ingredients & equipment and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, add your 250g of unsalted butter, 200g of demerara sugar and 150g of granulated sugar into a large bowl and beat together using an electric whisk.
- Once you’ve beaten together the butter and sugar, add in the 2 large eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract and beat again.
- Now, add in your 500g of plain flour, 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 3tsp of baking powder and mix together until a cookie dough is formed.
- Get your 300g of milk chocolate and whilst still in the packet, roll your rolling pin over them until the chocolate has broken up into little pieces, then beat the pieces into the cookie dough until well distributed.
- TIP: If your finding your dough isn’t forming, add in a dash of milk and continue adding milk until your dough is formed.
- Next, wrap your dough up in cling film and place into the fridge for around an hour.
- Whilst your cooking dough is chilling in the fridge, pre heat your oven to 180C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Once your hours up, take your dough out the fridge and using your hands, take pieces of the dough and roll them into medium size balls. TIP: I personally didn’t care if the cookies were different sizes but if you want each cookie to be the same size, get your scales and weigh out each ball.
- When you’ve rolled all your cookie dough balls, place them onto the lined baking trays, I put 6 per tray. TIP: don’t flatten your cookies as they’ll flatten as they bake.
- Place the baking trays into the oven for around 12-14 minutes.
- Finally, once the cookies have baked through, leave to cool on tray before moving to a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your chocolate chip cookies prepared, baked and cooled ready for you to scoff.
I told you these were easy to make didn’t I? Honestly, once you’ve made them once you’ll be making them again and again.
Since making this batch of cookies, I think I’ve made two maybe even three extra batches as they are THAT good!
I think it’s a typical British thing to say but you honestly can’t beat a good cuppa tea with a cookie to dunk into it! It’s just the best.
What’s your all time favourite cookie? Like I’ve mentioned before, I want to really try and make some cookies with new/different flavourings and fillings. I throughly enjoy throwing little concoctions together and hoping for a good outcome so that I can share it with you guys!
My favourite thing about cooking is the fact your able to throw ingredients together and get an incredibly tasty outcome… well most the time you can anyway!
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,