If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times. Honestly, if you’ve been a reader a while, I think you’ll have guessed what I’m about to say next… are you ready… ‘it’s never an occasion if I don’t share a cupcake recipe’! Did you guess right?
But seriously, how can I possibly let Valentine’s Day pass without sharing an indulgent, utterly delicious cupcake recipe? That would just be criminal.
Today’s cupcakes has to be one of my favourite all time flavour combinations. It slaps every. single. time – chocolate & raspberry! Nothing comes close to how unbelievably good chocolate and raspberry work together. It’s just heaven upon your tastebuds.
So, it only seems right to share something so heavenly on/for the day of love. At the end of the day, we all want to surprise our loved ones with something delicious and these cupcakes are just that.
These are guaranteed to get you some extra brownie points!
An added bonus to these cupcakes, they are super quick and easy to achieve, there’s no hard work involved and your loved one will have the ultimate satisfaction… I promise.
So, if these cupcakes sound like a-bit of you and you fancy rustling some up for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, you know the drill. Keep on scrolling below and you’ll see my recipe, all ready for you to make and enjoy!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 60+ Minutes
Ingredients You Need For The Raspberry Cupcakes:
- 170g Of Stork / Butter
- 170g Of Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 170g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 200g Of Fresh Or Frozen Raspberries
Ingredients You Need To Decorate The Cupcakes:
- 250g Of Unsalted Butter
- 400g Of Icing Sugar
- 30g Of Cocoa Powder
- 15g Of Freeze-Dried Raspberries
- 12 Edible Sugar Heart Decorations
How To Make The Cupcakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake cases and preheat the oven 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 170g of butter with 170g of caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, one at a time, beating well between each addition, beat in the 3 large eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now, mix in the 170g of self-raising flour and 1tsp of baking powder until fully combined.
- Fold through the 200g of raspberries.
- Divide the cake mixture between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the cupcake tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate The Cupcakes:
- Now that the cupcakes have cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat the 250g of unsalted butter until loosened, light and fluffy.
- In two/three additions, beating well between each addition, beat in the 400g of icing sugar and 30g of cocoa powder until a chocolate buttercream has formed.
- Next, attach a 2D piping nozzle to a piping bag and transfer the buttercream into the piping bag.
- Pipe the buttercream onto your cupcakes.
- Once all the cupcakes have got buttercream on, sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberries.
- Finally, top the cupcakes with an edible heart.
That’s your Raspberry & Chocolate Cupcakes prepared, baked and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this valentines.
- The Red Hearts: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/cake-decorating-supplies-c338/edible-cake-decoration-c485/funcakes-sugar-decorations-heart-red-set-8-p9877
- The Pink Hearts: https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/edible-cake-decorations-c20/sugar-toppers-c333/anniversary-house-matt-hearts-sugar-toppers-x-6-p11556
- Pink Cupcake Cases: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/boards-boxes-c375/pink-professional-quality-cupcake-cases-bulk-pack-of-500-p4016/s6896?
- Red Cupcake Cases: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/boards-boxes-c375/cupcake-cases-c383/red-professional-quality-cupcake-cases-bulk-pack-of-500-p4014/s6894?
I’m a cupcake gal through and through so I would be absolutely delighted if someone made me a batch of delicious cupcakes (as you can tell, I’m pretty easy to please haha).
I know at this point you’re probably sick of hearing me say this but I will continue to say, this flavour combination is heavenly. You just can’t beat it!
This is my last Valentines post of 2024, it was short and sweet but I hope you loved the bakes I made and that if you did make them for a loved one, they loved them too.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cupcakes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a chocolate & raspberry lover? Did you bake these for a loved one this Vday? Did you guys love them?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,