Listen up people, quite frankly there is no better way of saying ‘I love and appreciate you’ than with a batch of freshly made, gooey, ultra chocolatey brownies. A delicious brownie really is the way to someone’s heart, am I right or am I right?
One thing I love about a brownie is that they’re quick and easy to create and give the ultimate satisfaction every single time.
Yes, you can go and buy a batch of brownies from your local shop or bakery but I know I speak on behalf of all the queens out there when I say that, homemade is always better.
There’s no need to struggle baking something that’s ultra detailed and ridiculously hard to achieve, if I know girls, I know that they’ll be more than happy with a batch of homemade brownies as at the end of the day, with us girls, it really is the thought that counts, remember that! The fact you’ve physically put hardwork into making us happy, is a heartwarming gift in itself.
So my lovelies, if you want the ultimate brownie recipe which will sweep your loved one off their feet this valentines, look no further, ya gal has you covered.
These are possibly the yummiest brownies I’ve made to date. Yes, I know, I say that about every recipe I do but there’s something about these brownies which takes it to the next tier. I’m obsessed and you will be too.
If these brownies sound up your street, you know the drill by now. Keep on scrolling below and you’ll find my recipe…
Category: Desert / Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 Minutes
Chill Time: 4+ Hours
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 5+ Hours
Ingredients You Need For The Brownies:
- 200g Of 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- 200g Of Unsalted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275g Of Caster Sugar
- 100g Of Plain Flour
- 50g Of Cocoa Powder
- 100g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 200g Of Mint Chocolate Chips
Ingredients You Need To Decorate The Brownies:
- 100g Of White Chocolate
- 1-2 Drops Of Pink Food Colouring
- Heart Sprinkles
How To Make The Mint Brownies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line 2x 8inch brownie tins with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a microwavable bowl, add both the 200g of dark chocolate and 200g of unsalted butter. Place the bowl into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blast the butter/chocolate until both have fully melted.
- When both the ingredients have melted, remove from the microwave and place to one side to cool to room temperature.
- Now, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk together the 3 large eggs with the 275g of caster sugar for a few minutes, until the colour has turned pale, the mixture is mousse like and the volume has doubled in size (TIP: you will know it’s done when you lift the whisk up out from the mixture and it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing).
- Once whisked, pour the melted chocolate/butter mixture over the eggs and very carefully fold together (TIP: being careful and patient is crucial at this stage because you don’t want to knock the air out of the mixture).
- When combined, sift in the 100g of plain flour and 50g of cocoa powder and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Carefully fold in the 100g of milk chocolate chips and 200g of mint chocolate chips.
- Divide the brownie mixture between the two brownie tins (TIP: making sure to not over fill the tins otherwise the brownie will cook unevenly).
- Place the brownie tins into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, until theres a slight wobble in the centre of the tin.
- Once baked, remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature in the tin before placing into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Finally, once chilled, remove from the fridge, carefully remove from the brownie tin and slice your brownie into 24 squares (there should be roughly 12 brownies per tin).
How To Decorate The Brownies:
- Once the brownies have chilled and you’ve cut them into 24 squares, it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwavable bowl, add 100g of white chocolate. Place the bowl into the microwave and in 10 second blasts, blast the chocolate until fully melted.
- Once melted, remove from the microwave and add 1-2 drops of pink food colouring and mix until the white chocolate has completely changed colour.
- Now, transfer the melted chocolate into a small piping bag, cut the very tip of the piping bag off and drizzle the chocolate over each square of brownies.
- Finally, when each brownie has been drizzled with chocolate, sprinkle over the heart sprinkles.
That’s your Mint Choc Chip Brownies prepared, baked, chilled and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this Valentine’s Day!
- Keep the brownies stored in a airtight container, they should last 1 week.
- Mint chocolate chips: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guittard-Green-Mint-Baking-Chips
- Colour used to colour the white chocolate: https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/shop-by-category/food-colours-and-flavours/oil-food-colour/colour-mill-oil-blend-food-colouring-candy-pink-20ml/?
- Heart sprinkles: https://sprinkly.co.uk/products/hearts-pink-white-red-valentines-mix?_pos=22&_sid=9939623df&_ss=r
I’m sorry, but these brownies are next level good. My head may be growing by the second but these are my best to date, period.
So simple yet utterly delicious, what more could you possibly ask for!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these brownies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a mint chocolate lover? Did these brownies live up to your expectations? Did you partner, friend / loved one love them?
I want to know it all. I’m a nosy bugger so give me all the details!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,