Welcome back my loves, welcome back.
A huge Happy New Year to you all!
It’s been a hot minute since I last posted and I can only apologies for that. Unfortunately my health continues to deteriorate, so at the end of the 2023, I decided to take some extra time off posting on here just to give my body and mind some time to rest. Fighting multiple chronic illnesses is exhausting, it really is but thankfully, I know you guys understand and that is always massively appreciated.
With that being said, I’ve got my creative fire burning away in my brain and I’m officially back! And if you couldn’t tell by the title of todays post, we’re full steam ahead into the Valentine’s Day bakes.
Nothing says I love you like a yummy sweet treat. Am I right or am I right? They say a way into someone’s heart is through their stomach and I think I can vouch for many when I say that there isn’t a truer saying.
Now, i know not everyone has the time or the energy to spend hours baking up a storm in the kitchen – therefore, i present to you, my strawberry cream puffs recipe!
It’s simple, quick and ridiculously easy to create, it’s light on the stomach, fresh, utterly delicious and delivers the ultimate satisfaction with every bite. They’re everything you could possibly want to win some brownie points this V day.
So, if these cream puffs sound like abit of you and your loved one, you know the drill, keep on scrolling below and you’ll find my recipe!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Baking Time: 10 Minutes
Decorating Time: 30 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make The Strawberry Cream Puffs:
- 2x Rolls Of Ready-To-Roll Puff Pastry
- 1 Medium Egg, Beaten
Ingredients You Need For The Filling:
- 1 Jar Of Strawberry Jam
- 500ml Of Double Cream
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Bean Paste / Extract
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
- 1 Punnet Of Fresh Strawberries, Diced
Ingredients You Need To Decorate The Strawberry Cream Puffs:
- 10g Of Icing Sugar
- 50g Of Milk Chocolate, Melted
How To Make The Puff Pastry Hearts:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 220C / 200C Fan / Gas Mark 7.
- Secondly, remove the 2 sheets of ready-to-roll puff pastry sheets from the fridge and unroll the sheets.
- Using a heart shape cutter, cut out as many hearts as possible out of each sheet (I managed to cut 12 hearts out of each sheet) and place onto the pre-lined baking trays.
- Prick each of the pastry hearts with a fork and using a pastry brush, brush beaten egg across each heart.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring over to a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Make The Strawberry Cream Filling:
- In a large bowl using an electric whisk, beat together the 500ml of double cream, 50g of icing sugar and 2tsp of vanilla bean paste / extract together until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Transfer the vanilla cream into a piping bag which has been fitted with a piping nozzle (I used a Wilton’s 4B piping nozzle).
How To Assemble The Strawberry Cream Puffs:
- Now that the filling is made and the pastry hearts have cooled completely, using a sharp knife, very carefully slice each of the hearts in half.
- On the bottom half of each heart, spread a thick layer of strawberry jam.
- Next, pipe the vanilla cream on top of the strawberry jam (you can pipe the cream on however you like, I personally piped mine on in dots).
- Now, sprinkle a few diced strawberries across the top of the cream.
- Place the remaining hearts on top of each of the filled bottoms.
How To Decorate The Strawberry Cream Puffs:
- Now that the hearts are filled, it’s time to decorate.
- Using either a dusting wand or a sieve, dust the 10g of icing across the top of the 24 hearts.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the 50g of milk chocolate and place the bowl into the microwave. In 10 second blasts, blast the chocolate until it’s fully melted.
- When the chocolate has melted, remove from the microwave and immediately transfer into a small piping bag.
- Finally, snip the very tip of the piping bag off and drizzle the chocolate over each of the hearts.
That’s your Strawberry Cream Puffs prepared, baked, filled and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this valentines.
See, I don’t lie to you guys, these are a quick, easy and utterly delicious sweet treat to share with your loved ones this valentines.
I know not everyone wants to be slaving away all day, so these are the perfect bake to do with ease! oh, and are guaranteed to get you in the good books *wink wink*.
Not only are these perfect for Vday, but summer too! I’m sorry for being premature, but having these as a light, refreshing treat on a warm summers day sounds dreamy to me. Don’t you agree?
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cream puffs yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you as obsessed as my family are?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,