Well my loves, it hurts my heart to say it but this is my final christmas bake of 2023! I honestly cannot believe there’s only THREE whole days left until the big day is here. The festive season really has flown by this year, hasn’t it?
But, don’t you go worrying, we’re ending with a good’en!
Being that there’s only three days left until the big man arrives, I wanted to end my 2023 christmas bakes with something quick and easy, yet looks effective and will go down a treat with everyone who has a bite – and that my friends, is exactly what these cookies are!
I was inspired by a picture I came across recently on instagram. It’s by a incredible baker who goes by ‘cakey_bakes_’ online. I saw her photo and instantly felt the need to go into my kitchen and make a batch of my own.
You can’t tell me that these reindeer cookies aren’t the cutest? I’m obsessed and I know you will be too.
So, if these reindeer cookies have taken your fancy and you’re ready to indulge, then you know the drill. Keep on scrolling and you’ll find my version of these cookies below.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 12-15 Minutes
Decorating Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 40-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For The Cookies:
- 125g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 75g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 250g Of Plain Flour
- 35g Of Cocoa Powder
- 1.5tsp Of Baking Powder
- 0.5tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100g Of White Chocolate Chips
- 100g Of Dark Chocolate Chips
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 50g Of Milk Chocolate
- 2x Bags Of Flipz Cookies & Cream Pretzels (https://shop.coop.co.uk/product/)
- 18 Red Smarties
- 36 Edible Eye Cake Decorations (https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/edible-cake-decorations)
How To Make The Cookies
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 125g of unsalted butter with the 100g of light brown sugar and 75g of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in the 1 large egg and the 2tsp of vanilla extract until combined.
- Now, fold through the 100g of milk chocolate, 100g of dark chocolate and 100g of white chocolate.
- Add in the 250g of plain flour, 35g of cocoa powder, 1.5tsp of baking powder and 0.5tsp of bicarbonate of soda and beat again until a cookie dough forms.
- Wrap the cookie dough in clingfilm and place into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- As the hour is coming to an end, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- After 1 hour, remove the dough from the fridge and using a 4’ cookie scoop, scoop your cookie dough and between the palm of your hands, roll the 18 cookies into balls.
- Place 6 cookie dough balls on each of the prepared baking trays and place into the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave on the baking trays to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate The Cookies:
- Now that the cookies have cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwavable bowl, add 50g of milk chocolate, place into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blast the chocolate until fully melted.
- Once melted, immediately pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag and snip the very tip of the bag off.
- Finally, add a small amount of the melted chocolate onto each pretzel, each eye and nose, and press them firmly onto the cookies.
That’s your Triple Chocolate Reindeer Cookies prepared, baked and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this christmas.
I can’t get over the cuteness of these cookies. I mean, these are just perfect for the little ones in your life, they’ll certainly love these!
I hadn’t actually planned to share these cookies here on the blog, I was just making them for my instagram but after I’d made and decorated them, I immediately knew that you guys would love these. You guys know me well enough by now to know that I physically can’t gate keep from you guys, as soon as I love something, I’m sharing it with you!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Did your loved ones love them as much as mine?
That’s me over and out till after the new year my lovelies, so from me and my family to you and yours – Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year you lovely bunch. I hope you all have the best time! And to those of you who don’t celebrate, I hope you have a nice few days off work and take a moment to relax after what I can imagine has been a hectic year for all.
I’m so incredibly grateful to all of you who take the time to read my posts and make my recipes. It brings me such joy and I can’t thank you all enough for giving me a reason to keep going.
I hope 2024 brings you great happiness, good health and brings you lots of memory making with your loved ones!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,