I feel like I’m ridiculously late to this trend but I couldn’t let it pass without joining in. I felt like I was having severe fomo!
Everyone and their pet rabbit have shared their version of these cookie cups and every single one of those people whose uploaded their version had me in a choke hold. They had me drooling buckets as anyone who knows me, will know my one true love in life, aside from pizza, is cookie dough!
So, it only seems right I share my version with you today. Of course I had to put my two pence in but I think you’ll thank me. When you’ve got these little cups of pure perfection gracing your taste buds, you’ll be thanking me for sharing this recipe *wink wink*.
God I do love to big myself up, don’t I? Haha.
On a more serious note, these millionaire cookie cups are an absolute must try! Gorgeously thick cookie dough which is filled with chocolate chunks, has a caramel filled centre and a silky smooth milk chocolate topping to hold that luscious caramel in – if that doesn’t sound like heaven to you, I don’t know what will.
So, why not join in on the trend? Get yourself into the kitchen and get creating. It’s worthwhile, I promise…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 Minutes
Filling Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need For Cookie Cups:
- 110g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 60g Of Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 250g Of Plain Flour
- 1tbsp Of Cornflour
- 80g Of Dark Chocolate, Chopped Into Small Pieces
- 80g Of Milk Chocolate, Chopped Into Small Pieces
Ingredients You’ll Need For Filling:
- 1x 397g Of Carnation Caramel
- 200g Of Milk Chocolate
How To Make The Cookie Cups:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, lightly grease a 12 hole cupcake tin with butter and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large mixing bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 110g of unsalted butter with the 100g of light brown sugar and 60g of caster sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in the 1 large egg and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Fold in the 160g of small chocolate pieces.
- Now, add in the 250g of plain flour and 1tbsp of cornflour until a firm dough forms.
- On a scale, portion out the cookie dough into 12 equal cookie dough balls (mine were roughly 65g each).
- Using your fingers, very carefully press your cookie dough balls into each section of your lightly greased cupcake tin until flat.
- Then, to make the dip in the centre of your cookie dough, use something round and gently press that into the centre until it forms a cookie dough cup (TIP: I would recommend using either your knuckle or something like the bottom of a vanilla extract bottle, basically just something small and delicate).
- Place the moulded cups into the oven for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
- When you remove from the oven, instantly re-press the centre of the cookie dough cups as the centres may puff up due to the heat of the oven.
- Leave in the cupcake tin for 10-15 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Make The Filling:
- Once the cookie cups have cooled completely, using a spoon, spoon a tablespoon of carnation caramel into the dip in the centre of the cookie cups.
- Then, in a microwaveable bowl, place 200g of milk chocolate. Place the bowl into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blast the chocolate until completely melted.
- Spoon a small amount of the melted milk chocolate ontop of the caramel on each cookie dough cup, making sure the caramel is completely covered by the chocolate to seal.
- Finally, once all the above is complete, place your cookie dough cups into the fridge for roughly 20 minutes to completely set.
That’s your Millionaire Cookie Cups prepared, baked and filled, ready for you to enjoy!
I don’t know about you but I can 100% see why these have been such a trend and a viral recipe online. They are just everything you could possibly want from a cookie cup.
Now I’ve made the viral milk chocolate version, how would you guys feel about a white chocolate version? I think that’ll also be such a hit. Also, Is there any other trends or viral recipes you’ve seen online recently that you’d like me to re-create? Let me know either in the comments below or on my social media ( @ellesbakeoff : https://instagram.com/ellesbakeoff?igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg== )
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookie cups yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a cookie cup convert?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,