‘It’s about damn time’ as queen Lizzo herself says!
I’ve been pretty quite on the cookie front recently so it was about time to change that!
We all know I’m on a strawberry hype at the moment and I seem to be making all different kinds of bakes strawberry flavoured so it only seemed right I do a cookie version.
Afterall, we all know how much I love baking a cookie and sharing it with you guys here on the blog. I feel like I’ve created my fair share of different types of cookies, but with todays one, I’ve gone totally different to anything I’ve made before and let’s just say, I’m in love with the end result!
These cookies are packed to the brim with delicious ingredients, all of which work beautifully with one another and leave you wanting more. You know it’s a good cookie when one just isn’t enough *wink wink*.
With strawberry syrup, strawberry creams, freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chunks – these beauties take you to another place. A beautiful place where everything is bright and colourful. We live in a dark world at times so we sometimes need something sweet to brighten our day and I must say, these cookies will do just that!
So if you love strawberry flavoured anything, if you love a cookie with a crunch, if you love a cookie which is jam packed or if you love a cookie which leaves you wanting more – ya gals got you covered! Keep scrolling below for todays recipe…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Chill Time: 30-60 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make The Cookies:
- 125g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 75g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 2tbsp Of Lyle’s Squeezy Strawberry Syrup
- 300g Of Plain Flour
- 1.5tsp Of Baking Powder
- 0.5tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100g Of White Chocolate, Chopped Into Small Pieces
- 100g Of Strawberry Creams, Broken Into Small Pieces
- 20g Of Freeze-Dried Strawberries
How To Make The Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 125g of unsalted butter with the 100g of light brown sugar and 75g of granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in 1 egg, 1tsp of vanilla extract and 2tbsp of strawberry syrup until combined.
- Fold, in the 100g of chopped white chocolate, 100g of broken strawberry creams and 20g of freeze-dried strawberries.
- Now, mix in the 300g of plain flour, 1.5tsp of baking powder and 0.5tsp of bicarbonate of soda until a cookie dough forms.
- Once the cookie dough is formed, wrap the cookie dough in clingfilm and place into the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- When it’s heading towards the end of the hour, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- After 1 hour, remove the cookie dough from the fridge, unwrap from the clingfilm and using your hands, take smallish pieces of the cookie dough and roll between your hands to create a ball.
- Place 5-6 cookie dough balls per pre-lined baking tray, leaving a gap between each to allow for the cookies to spread (TIP: don’t flatten the cookie dough balls).
- Place the cookies into the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Finally, once baked, remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool for 10-20 minutes, then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Strawberry Crunch Cookies prepared, chilled and baked, ready for you to enjoy!
One thing in particular I love about todays recipe is that it includes 3 different strawberry flavoured ingredients but it doesn’t have that artificial strawberry flavouring what so ever. If your anything like me, I love the taste of fresh strawberries but any kind of artificial strawberry flavouring is a big no no (as I personally think it tastes of soap) so I made sure that under no circumstances, these cookies taste like that!
This is just the beginning for the summer cookies lovelies! I think we started with a bang, don’t you agree? I’m beyond excited at this point to share the other summer cookies I’ve got up my sleeve. Let me tell you straight, 2023 is the year.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a strawberry crunch kinda person?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,