Are you someone whose left your valentines present till last minute and struggling to know what to get? Well, look no further, I’ve got you covered.
Showing your love to someone doesn’t have to be through showering them with ridiculously expensive gifts, it can also been shown through the little things – like cooking/baking someone food.
So, don’t go worrying yourself silly about a last minute gift, get your baking game face on and get yourself into that kitchen of yours. Todays recipe is the perfect last minute bake as it requires no cooking, is pretty darn easy to throw together and is unbelievably tasty!
Todays recipe is another inspired by the incredible baker @thebakingexplorer (Kat). Each and everyone of Kat’s bakes has me excited but one genre of bakes in particular that has my mouth salivating is her cheesecakes.
I mean, common, who doesn’t love a cheesecake? But this jammie dodger cheesecake especially drew me in. Every single thing about this cheesecake had me inspired so it was only right I gave it a go myself.
You can’t tell me that this cheesecake doesn’t just scream valentines? The simplicity of this cheesecake is what I love and I know you guys will too. Simple decor yet utterly divine flavours that all work beautifully together.
Before I declare my undying love to this cheesecake, shall we get into the recipe?
Category: Desert / Sweet Treat
Serves: 8 – 10 Large Slices
Prep Time: 30-40 Minutes
1st Chill Time: 4 Hours
2nd Chill Time: Over Night
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 24Hrs+
Ingredients You Need For Base:
- 300g Of Digestive Biscuits
- 135g Of Willow Butter
Ingredients You Need For Cheesecake Filling:
- 500g Of Full-Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 75g Of Icing Sugar
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 300ml Of Double Cream
- 100g Of Seedless Raspberry Jam
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 75g Of Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 200ml Of Double Cream
- 12 Mini Jammie Dodger Biscuits
- 12 Fresh Raspberries
How To Make Base Of Cheesecake:
- Firstly gather together your equipment and ingredients and line the bottom of an 8inch loose-bottomed cake tin with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a food processor, whizz up the 300g of digestive biscuits until they resemble crumbs (TIP: the biscuits can also be crushed in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin).
- Next, empty the biscuit crumbs into a large bowl.
- In a microwaveable bowl, place 135g of willow butter and in 10 second blasts, blast the butter until it has completely melted.
- Add the melted butter into the large bowl with the biscuit crumbs and using a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the crumbs.
- Now, pour the butter biscuit mixture into your pre-lined cake tin and using a spatula, press the mixture down into the base of the tin, making sure it is levelled and evenly spread.
- Place the cake tin into the fridge to allow the butter biscuit mixture to harden.
How To Make Cheesecake Filling:
- Whilst the base of the cheesecake is in the fridge, it’s time to make the filling.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, carefully mix together the 500g of philadelphia cream cheese with 75g of icing sugar and 2tsp of vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next, in a separate large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk the 300ml of double cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using the same spatula, carefully fold the double cream into the cream cheese mixture (at this point it should be relatively thick).
- Take the cake tin out the fridge.
- Smooth 1/4 of the cheesecake filling into the tin on top of the biscuit base.
- Using a spoon, dollop around 25g of raspberry jam on top of cheesecake filling (TIP: leave roughly a 2cm gap clear of jam around the edge, as you don’t want it seeping out).
- Carefully cover the jam with another 1/4 of the cheesecake filling and repeat the steps above for the remaining filling. Only, once you’ve added the final layer of cheesecake filling, don’t add any jam on top.
- Now, place the cheesecake back into the fridge to chill for around 4 hours to set.
How To Create The Jam Heart Centre:
- Once you’ve left your cheesecake to set for around 4 hours, take out the fridge.
- Press a medium sized heart shaped cookie cutter (mine was roughly 6-7cm) about half way down the depth of the cutter into the centre of the cheesecake filling.
- TIP: do NOT press the cutter all the way down as it will make it very hard to remove.
- Next, using a teaspoon, dig out the centre of the cheesecake filling inside the cutter. I removed roughly 0.5-1cm of filling.
- Once you’ve dug out the cheesecake filling, carefully remove the heart shaped cutter. If needed once the cutter has been removed, use a teaspoon or knife to neaten the heart shape.
- Using a different teaspoon, fill the cut out heart shape with the seedless raspberry jam (if the heart doesn’t need 75g of jam then I’d recommend not over-filling. On the other hand, if it needs more, then add more until your happy with the fullness).
- Place the cheesecake back into the fridge and allow to chill overnight.
How To Decorate The Cheesecake:
- Now that you’ve allowed your cheesecake to set overnight, take out the fridge and very carefully remove from the cake tin and place onto your serving board/plate.
- In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whip up the double cream until stiff peaks (TIP: keep a very close eye on your cream whilst whipping as it goes from runny to over whipped very quickly).
- Add a 2D piping nozzle into a piping bag alongside the whipped cream and pipe rosettes all around the edges of the cheesecake.
- Finally, place one mini jammie dodger and one fresh raspberry alternatively on top of the whipped cream rosettes.
That’s your Jammie Dodger Cheesecake prepared, chilled and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this V Day!
Now you may be questioning my sanity when I wrote ‘last minute bake’ as the recipe looks a mile long and it needs to set overnight but trust me when I say: if you start making this cheesecake now, you’ll have a beautifully formed cheesecake ready to give your loved one tomorrow!
This really is just mouthful after mouthful of pure happiness and joy! Whoever received this won’t be disappointed, that’s a dead cert.
I hope you all have a lovely valentines tomorrow – wether your spending it with your partner, a pal, family or even alone in bed. Remember my loves, we are bad ass bitches and deserve to be treated like the queenies we are. Don’t settle for anything less.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this cheesecake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it? Isn’t this the cutest?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,