If you’ve been around here a while, you’ll know I love a good old blondie.
Every year without fail I share a autumnal blondie and this year wasn’t going to be any different. I just love chopping and changing the ingredients to suit the time of year and I must admit, autumnal flavours are my all time favourite.
If there’s one ingredient I absolutely LOVE to use during the autumn its brown butter. It’s such a simple thing to make yet makes the world of difference flavour wise to anything you add it too. I’m obsessed with the beautifully rich flavour it gives and the nutty aroma that fills the room (which I would happily bottle up and keep permanently).
What I also love about brown butter is how it works with so many yummy ingredients, todays being two of them. The brown butter in todays recipe really does pair beautifully with the toasted pecans and milk chocolate. They all compliment one another perfectly and let’s just say, the outcome of these blondies was absolutely blooming delicious!
I’ve been SO excited to share these blondies with you! Not only do they taste utterly delicious but are unbelievably quick and easy to make also. No faffing around needed, a couple of simple steps to follow and your left with a yummy sweet treat.
So, if you’d like to get baking these autumnal blondies yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 115g Of Unsalted Butter
- 215g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 120g Of Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
- 40g Of Toasted Pecans, Chopped
- 170g Of Milk Chocolate, Chopped
How To Make Blondies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 9inch square tin with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a medium sized saucepan over a low/medium heat, melt the 115g of unsalted butter. Once the butter has melted, leave on the heat until the butter begins to brown and you can smell a nutty aroma.
- Once the butter has browned, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- When cooled, pour the browned butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, whisk the 215g of brown sugar with the browned butter until well combined.
- Now, stir in the 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Then, add the 1 large egg and egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in 120g of plain flour and 1/2tsp of ground cinnamon until completely combined.
- Fold in the 40g of toasted chopped pecans and the 170g of chopped milk chocolate.
- Now that your blondie batter is complete, scrape the batter into your pre-lined baking tin and place into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm, golden and the centre is slightly wobbly.
- Once baked, take out the oven and allow to cool in the tin for at least 1 hour before turning out onto a wire rack to further cool.
- Finally, when the blondies have fully cooled, cut the blondies into 8-10 pieces.
That’s your Brown Butter, Pecans & Chocolate Blondies prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Honestly guys, I can’t put into words how yummy these blondies are. I’ve defiantly found a new favourite flavour combo, so be prepared! You may see some more sweet treats containing these ingredients.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these blondies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a lover of this flavour combination?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,