I can’t quite believe that today is the last day of August and the last day of summer (before anyone tells me, I do know that officially summer doesn’t end till the 22nd of September but autumn starts on the 1st of September for me. No judging please haha). Where on earth has the time gone? It only feels like yesterday that I started sharing my summer 2022 bakes with you and now we’re heading full speed into autumn, it’s madness.
So, to celebrate the last day of summer, you just know I had to finish with a bang – a summer fruits pavlova! Name me a better desert to finish summer off with, I’ll wait…
You cannot beat a pavlova! It’s light on the stomach, it’s fresh to taste and has the perfect amount of sweetness to satisfy your sugary cravings! Honestly, it’s a top tier desert and is perfect to share with loved ones during the last of the hot days ahead.
Although, mastering the art of making a meringue was pretty troublesome for me. I’ve had many attempts over the last couple of years which have gone completely tits up. So, after many, many fails, I’ve FINALLY mastered how to make a beautifully glossy meringue and I just had to share my meringue recipe with you guys today!
Yes, I’ve had many failed attempts at meringue BUT now I’ve cracked it, it’s actually a ridiculously easy desert to make *rolls eyes* haha.
I feel like a proud mum presenting this pavlova to you! It is pure perfection… if I do say so myself. So if you’d like to give it a whirl yourself, my recipe with some important tips is down below:
Category: Sweet Treat / Desert
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 1.5 Hours
Ingredients You Need For Pavlova:
- 4 Egg Whites
- 250g Of Caster Sugar
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 300ml Of Double Cream
- 1 Punnet Of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Punnet Of Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Punnet Of Fresh Blueberries
How To Make Pavlova:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a large baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 150C / 130C Fan / Gas Mark 2.
- Secondly, using a pencil, draw a circle around the circumference of a dinner plate on the pre-lined baking tray. Set aside.
- Next, in a sparkling clean bowl (this is a must!), using an electric whisk, whisk together 4 egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When the stiff peaks are formed, a tablespoon at a time, add the 250g of caster sugar until the meringue looks smooth and glossy (TIP: at this point, you should be able to turn the bowl with the meringue in upside down and the meringue should stay put).
- Now that your meringue is complete, take a large dollop of meringue and spread it around the drawn circle on the parchment paper to make the bottom of the pavlova.
- Then, dollop the remaining meringue around the outside of centre (leaving a circle in the centre), making sure the sides are higher than the middle.
- When your happy with the look of your pavlova, place the baking tray into the oven and allow to bake for around 1 hour. Once the 1 hour is up, turn the heat off, open the door of the oven and leave the meringue in the oven to cool down completely.
How To Decorate Your Pavlova:
- Now that your pavlova is cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk the 300ml of double cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using a tablespoon, add the cream into the centre of the pavlova.
- Finally, add a mixture of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries on top of the cream.
That’s your Summer Fruit Pavlova prepared, baked, cooled and decorated, ready to enjoy!
What a way to end summer 2022!
I feel very accomplished sharing todays recipe with you. After multiple fails at making meringue, I’ve finally got the hang of it!
Who doesn’t love a good old pavlova? they are super light on the stomach and just melt away in your mouth. It’s pure joy!
Let me know in the comments below if you make this summer pavlova yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Are you as obsessed as we are?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,