I couldn’t resist using my 2022 favourite combination of fruits for one last time.
For me, raspberries and rhubarb have been my number 1 combination of this year. They are two fruits which work SO beautifully together and quite honestly, I’m obsessed with the outcome of every bake I use with them (if you hasn’t noticed already haha).
So, I decided to create these delicious mini cakes as a goodbye to my summer loves. Although, this time I’ve added white chocolate into the mix and DAMN, it is good. Seriously good.
The three main ingredients I’ve used today pair so well together and really compliment one another. I’m gutted I didn’t think of this combination before the summer was out as I know for a fact I’d of gone a little mad with it.
Anyway, to be completely honest, these are mini cakes of pure joy. They are jam packed with flavour and are the perfect treat to eat at the end of a summers evening. These are ridiculously easy to make and I promise you, the outcome won’t disappoint!
If you’d like to get making these mini cakes of joy yourself, the link to the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat / Desert
Serves: 10 Mini Cakes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cakes:
- 340g Of Butter / Stork
- 200g Of Caster Sugar
- 150g Of Brown Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 340g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 6tbsp Of Single Cream ( Optional )
- 200g Of Rhubarb, Chopped Small
- 125g of Frozen Raspberries, Defrosted
- 200g Of White Chocolate, Chopped Small
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 100ml Of Double Cream
- Edible Pink & Purple Petals
- Mini Pink Flower Cake Toppers
How To Make Cakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, generously grease 10 pudding moulds (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Homgaty-Aluminium-Pudding-Nonstick-) with butter and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 340g of butter, 200g of caster sugar and 150g of brown sugar until creamy.
- One by one, beat in the 6 eggs, making sure you beat well between each addition.
- Next, mix in 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now, sift in the 340g of self-raising flour and 2tsp of baking powder and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- If you’re adding the 6tbsp of single cream, now is the time to mix that in.
- Gently fold in your 200g of small chopped rhubarb, 125g of defrosted raspberries and 200g of white chocolate.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into your greased pudding moulds and place the filled pudding moulds onto a baking tray with sides (TIP: this makes it easier to remove the moulds from the oven).
- Place into the oven for around 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean (TIP: these may take a little longer depending on how much mixture you put into the moulds).
- When your cakes have cooked, take out the oven and leave in moulds for around 15 minutes to cool, then carefully turn the moulds upside down onto a wire rack and carefully tap the bottoms and sides until the cake slides out the mould. Allow to cool completely on the wire rack.
How To Decorate Cakes:
- Once the cakes have completely cooled, its time to decorate.
- Place 100ml of double cream into a mixing bowl and using an electric whisk, whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- When formed, add a dollop of the cream on top of each of the cakes.
- Finally, sprinkle some edible petals and place 3 mini pink cake toppers on top of the cream.
that’s your Raspberry, Rhubarb & White Chocolate Mini Cakes prepared, baked, cooled and decorated, ready for you to demolish.
Simple yet so damn delicious!
I’m proper happy with the outcome of these little beauties, they really do hit your taste buds with flavour and leave you wanting more…
Let me know in the comments below if you make these mini cakes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you obsessed with this flavour combo?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,