I cannot believe in all the time I’ve been sharing my bakes with you guys that I’ve only ever shared one recipe for rocky road. That is despicable and I can only apologies for that.
So, i of course had to change that asap! Whilst sharing my easter bakes with you all, it only felt right that I throw in a rocky road recipe with a twist – because, who doesn’t love the sound of that?
Something I absolutely love about rocky road is how creative you can be with it. You can chop and change the ingredients and you can always guarantee it’ll taste delicious, no matter what. So rather than doing a bog standard rocky road (which I have shared with you before: https://ellegracedeveson.com/2019/12/22/rocky-road-christmas-pudding-recipe/), I decided to add one of my all time favourite chocolates to it… Crunchie!
Just the thought of honeycomb has mouth watering, I just LOVE it! So I instantly knew adding it into my rocky road would be blooming delicious.
Category: Sweet Treat
Serves: 12 Large Pieces
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Chill Time: 4+ Hours
Overall Time: 4Hours 15Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 200g Of Dark Chocolate
- 200g Of Milk Chocolate
- 125g Of Salted Butter
- 125g Of Golden Syrup
- 200g Of Digestive Biscuits, Broken into Bite Size Pieces
- 100g Of Glace Cherries, Halved
- 50g Of Mini Marshmallows
- 4 Crunchie Bars, Broken Into Bite Size Pieces
- Packet Of Galaxy Mini Eggs
How To Make Crunchie Rocky Road:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add the 200g of bite size pieces of digestive biscuits, 100g of halved glace cherries, 50g of mini marshmallows and 4 bars of broken crunchie pieces, then set aside.
- Next, on a chopping board, chop up the 200g of dark chocolate and 200g of milk chocolate into small pieces (TIP: the smaller the pieces, the easier it will melt later on), then set aside.
- Now, in a large sauce pan, add the 125g of butter and 125g of golden syrup and over a low heat, melt together gently.
- When the butter has melted into the golden syrup, take the sauce pan off the heat and add in the chopped up chocolates, stirring into the butter / golden syrup mixture until completely melted.
- Once, the chocolate has melted, pour the chocolate mixture into the large bowl with the other ingredients and stir together until everything is coated in chocolate.
- When coated, pour the mixture into the lined pyrex dish and using a spatula, press down the mixture to pack it together.
- Sprinkle over the bag of galaxy eggs and using your finger, press them down into the mixture so they aren’t loose.
- Place into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours + or overnight to allow the mixture to firm before slicing.
- Finally, once your rocky road mixture has firmed up, slice into pieces and spread the chocolatey goodness with loved ones.
That’s your Crunchie Rocky Road Mixture prepared, chilled and ready for you to enjoy!
Well guys, that’s the end of my Easter bakes for 2022. I can’t believe we’re nearly half way through April, that’s crazy! I really hope you’ve loved reading my Easter recipes this year and even made some yourself.
I hope you all have a lovely Easter Sunday surrounded by family, friends and lots of yummy food.
Let me know in the comments below wether you made these crunchie rocky roads yourself and if you did, what your thoughts were on them. Are you a crunchie rocky road lover too?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,