Would it be an Elle blogpost if I didn’t have a Valentine’s Day cookie recipe? I think not… so here I am, proudly presenting to you, my Smartie cookie recipe. DAMN, are they good!
I think you’ll have gathered by now that cookies are an absolute fav in this household. I quite honestly think I would have been disowned if I didn’t share with you a Valentine’s Day inspired cookie.
Let’s get real, if you are looking to make your loved one a treat this Valentine’s Day, you’ll want something that’s quick, easy and tastes delicious – that’s where I come to save the day with these cookies.
These cookies are one of my favourite I’ve made to date. They are soft, chewy and a little gooey also, they are what I’d class as the perfect cookie (without that sounding to pig headed haha).
Todays bake actually reminds me of a cookie you’d buy from Millie’s Cookies, so if you love a cookie from Millie’s, then you’ll love these. I can imagine Millie’s Cookies use a recipe very similar to todays recipe.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 Minutes
Overall Time: 25-30 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 185g Of Butter
- 150g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 240g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Cornstarch
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 150g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 220g Of Pink Smarties
How To Make M&M Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 240g of plain flour, 2tsp of cornstarch and 1tsp of baking powder then set aside.
- Now, in a separate large bowl using an electric whisk, whisk together the 185g of butter, 150g of light brown sugar, 50g of granulated sugar, 1 large egg and 1tsp of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the 100g of milk chocolate chips, 75g of pink smarties and 75g of red smarties.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Using your hands roll the dough into balls between the palm of your hands and place onto the parchment paper.
- Press a handful of pink smarties into the top of the cookies.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for around 10 minutes, until the edges have set (TIP: it may look a little underbaked in the centre, it will harden as it cools).
- Take the cookies out the oven, allow to cool and harden for 5 minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Finally, using the remaining pink smarties, press them into the hot cookies.
That’s your Soft & Chewy Smartie Cookies prepared, baked and ready for you to demolish.
Imagine receiving a box filled with these cookies – ugh that would be dreamy. You’ll defiantly be in your loved ones good books.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Do you taste a resemblance to Millie’s Cookies?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,