Cupcakes… cupcakes are just the best kind of present to receive off someone you love, right? Let’s be honest, you can’t go wrong with a good cupcake. You can always guarantee that these will get you in the good books.
It was only right that this Valentine’s Day I bring to you an delicious cupcake recipe which will get your taste buds dancing.
Now I know it’s just as easy to buy a box of cupcakes from the supermarket or a bakery/baker online but is it not that little bit more special if you make them yourself? One thing I was always taught when baking is that ‘homemade is better’. That’s not to say the brought cupcakes wouldn’t taste delicious, don’t get me wrong, I just think it’s the thought that you’d put the effort and time into making these cupcakes yourself that make them feel extra special.
So if you’re looking to put a smile on your loved ones faces or if you’re looking to get extra brownie points this Valentine’s Day, let me tell you that these are the cupcakes you need to be making.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Decorating Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cakes:
- 8oz Of Butter / Stork
- 8oz Of Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 8oz Of Self-Raising Flour
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 12 White Chocolate Lindt Lindor, Frozen
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 200g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Pale Pink & Dark Pink Food Colouring
- 12 Strawberry & Cream Lindt Lindor
How To Make Cupcakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake cases and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, the night before you make these cupcakes, place 12 Lindt Lindor chocolates in the freezer harden up overnight.
- The next morning, in a large bowl, cream together 8oz of butter and 8oz of caster sugar until light and fluffy in texture.
- Now, add in the 4 beaten eggs little boy little into the butter mixture and beat between each addition.
- Next, mix in the 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Then, fold in your flour a little at a time until fully combined.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop your cake mixture into the 12 cupcake cases, making sure they are evenly filled as possible.
- In the centre of your cupcake mixture, add a frozen Lindt Lindor chocolate ball (TIP: make sure the Lindt Lindor chocolate ball is pushed 3/4 of the way in. you don’t want it touching the bottom but you don’t want it not pushed in enough that the cake mixture doesn’t cover it).
- Place your cupcakes in the oven for around 15 Minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer placed in the cupcake comes out clean (TIP: don’t place the skewer into the centre as that’s where the chocolate is so it won’t come out clean. make sure its just off centre).
- Once cooked, take the cupcakes out the oven and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
How To Decorate Your Cupcakes:
- As soon as your cupcakes have cooled right down, it’s time to decorate.
- Firstly, in a large bowl, add the 200g of unsalted butter and beat with a spoon or electric whisk until pale in colour and creamy in texture.
- Secondly, in small additions, add the 100g of icing sugar into the creamed butter and beat together until a buttercream begins to form.
- Once the buttercream has been made, beat in 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now, divide your buttercream between two bowls.
- Next, add a small blob of pale pink food colouring into one of the bowls of butter cream and dark pink into the other bowl. Mix until the buttercream has completely changed colour.
- Once you’ve got your buttercream coloured, place a nozzle into piping bag.
- To get your multi coloured buttercream swirl, add a dollop of the light pink butter cream and a dollop of there dark pink buttercream into the piping bag, trying to get the dollops side by side of each other. (TIP: Make sure you squeeze the air out the piping bag before piping onto the cake otherwise it will skip whilst piping).
- Before piping, do a test pipe on a piece of paper to make sure both the colours are present whilst piping.
- Pipe the buttercream onto your cupcakes.
- Finally, place a Strawberry & Cream Lindt Lindor chocolate on top to finish the cake off.
That’s your Lindt Lindor Cupcakes prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
How cute are these though? imagine them packaged up in a cupcake box – I think you’ll defiantly be in the good books.
What I love about todays recipe is that you can chop and change the ingredients and they’ll still taste delicious. Don’t like white chocolate? that’s okay, change it to milk or dark chocolate. The Lindt Lindor have a whole range of different flavours which may take your fancy instead.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cupcakes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
As someone who loves cake and white chocolate, I need to try these out.
Honestly these are just delicious! White chocolate with these cakes are too damn good. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Aw these are so cute! I love all the ingredients so I’m sure I’d love these too 🙂 thank you for sharing Elle x
You really will love these, they are just delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are so cute! I love that they don’t take too long to prep and cook! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
They are so easy to prep, cook and decorate which is what I love about these! Just delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
As someone who thinks that cupcakes and white chocolate are gifts to this world, I must try this recipe! This sounds delish. Thank you for sharing.
I have to second you on that one! White chocolate and cake really are worldly. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love Lindor chocolate! These look so damn cute 🙂 Perfect for Valentine’s Day xxx
Omg lindor is just the best isn’t it? These really are the perfect Valentine’s Day bake! They are just delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love Lindor oh my God!!! These cupcakes look DIVINE! I will be definitely baking them! Thank you so much for sharing Elle! xx Penny / whatdidshetype.com
Lindor is just the best isn’t it! Honestly these are absolutely delicious, I hope you enjoy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
My God! I love cupcakes and they certainly look delicious 🤩🤩
Cupcakes really are a delight, aren’t they? You can’t beat a good cupcake and these are honestly delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooh, these look delicious Elle! x
They really are delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooh these sound amazing! I’m a huge fan of white chocolate, and I love the idea to put a truffle inside the cake to bake and one on top! Yum
White chocolate is just delicious isn’t it? The lindor work so beautifully in the centre, they just ooze goodness. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Wow!!!!!!! Those cupcakes look so blossom pinky in love!!!!!!!!! I’m sure they made a good sweet treats for a special someone. Thank you for sharing.
I love pink icing! It just looks so beautiful. They really will make the perfect sweet treat for someone you love. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These sweet treats look cool. Especially being my fave colour – red. I think I would eat all red food if I could.
Ah I’m pleased you like them! I’m obsessed with the icing. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look delicious, definitely saving the recipe to make xx
These really are delicious, honestly I’m obsessed. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oo, these are so wonderfully colored and I love the white chocolate toppings; Lindor’s white chocolate is delightfully smooth and provides a good contrast to the cupcake. 🙂
The lindor is just the perfect addition to this cupcake, it just oozes goodness! I’m obsessed. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh, these sound so damn good! I love white chocolate and haven’t had any in ages — I have to make these!
I love white chocolate, I’m obsessed so it only felt right to add them to cupcakes! They really are delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These are beautiful! I’m sure they taste amazing as well! Lindor’s chocolate is so delicious. What a yummy topping!
Lindor chocolate is just delicious, isn’t it? It works so beautifully with cupcakes. Super yummy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo