Are you bored of your daily breakfast? Are you looking to spice up your breakfast and try something new? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m sharing with you this breakfast cake recipe which has quite honestly changed the game for me.
I’d never have thought of making a ‘cake’ for breakfast. To me, cake is always desert (that’s how I’ve been brought up anyway) so when I came across todays bake online, I instantly knew I had to give it a try.
Let’s just say, this was my first keto friendly cake I’d made so I was a little apprehensive wether this would taste bland but boy, was I wrong! Put it this way, if I were to wake up every morning and have a slice of this cake for my breakfast – I’d be a VERY happy girl.
This cake just works. It is blooming delicious and I just had to share this recipe with you. There’s no doubt in my mind that you guys will love this as much as I do!
The original recipe: https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-flourless-blueberry-breakfast-cake/
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cake:
- 224g Of Almond Flour
- 1tsp Of Mixed Spice
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 2tbsp Of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 20g Of Granulated Sweetener
- 150g Of Frozen Blueberries, Defrosted
Ingredients You Need For Cream Cheese:
- 170g Of Light Philiadelpha Cream Cheese
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
How To Make Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 8inch cake tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 224g of almond flour, 1tsp of mixed spice and 1tsp of baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the 4 eggs, 2tbsp of melted coconut oil, 20g of granulated sweetener and 1tsp of vanilla extract until combined.
- Now, fold in your dry ingredients until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the 150g of defrosted blueberries.
- Transfer your cake mixture into the cake tin and place into the oven for around 25 minutes until a skewer place into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, take out the oven and allow to cool completely.
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Once the cake has cooled completely, it’s time to decorate.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula fold together the 170g of light cream cheese, 50g of icing sugar and 1tsp of vanilla extract until combined.
- Finally, once combined, spread the cream cheese across the top of the cake in a thick, even layer.
That’s your Blueberry Breakfast Cake prepared, baked, frosted and ready for you to enjoy!
Who wouldn’t love this for breakfast? because I know I’d certainly enjoy a slice everyday.
It’s one of those cakes that doesn’t look much but really does have a beautiful flavour to it.
I’ll for sure be making this cake again but maybe next time, I’ll mix up the ingredients and trial out different combos. This is one of those cakes which you can add and take away from and you can almost guarantee it will taste amazing every time.
Let me know in the comments below if you make todays breakfast cake and if you do, what your thoughts were on it.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,