I was scrolling through Pinterest one evening (like i always do… do I even have a life at this point haha) when I came across a fair few recipes for autumn which include Pecans.
I personally have never tried pecans before but I know they’re one of my mums favourite nuts so I was instantly intrigued by the recipes and wanted to give them a try.
It took a while to narrow down what I wanted to make but when I saw a recipe for this Maple Pecan Pie ( https://thebakingexplorer.com/maple-pecan-squares/ ), I was drooling.
I honestly can’t tell you how excited I was to give these a bake and WOW they didn’t disappoint! I think you guys will love these.
So if you’d like to get baking these yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time For Shortbread: 10 Minutes
Cook Time For Shortbread: 15 Minutes
Prep Time For Topping: 15 Minutes
Cook Time For Topping: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Shortbread:
- 4oz Of Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Unsalted Butter
- 12oz Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- 100g Of Maple Syrup
- 125g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 80g Of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1tbsp Of Milk
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 250g Of Chopped Pecans
How To Make Shortbread:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a square baking tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, cream together the 4oz of caster sugar with the 8oz of butter until light and fluffy,
- Next, add in the 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Fold in the 12oz of plain flour until a dough forms (TIP: if it’s not coming together, add a dash of milk).
- Once you’ve got your shortbread dough, press it into the prepared baking tin and with a spatula, press down until compact and even.
- Place the shortbread into the oven for around 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- When baked, take out the oven and allow to cool.
How To Make Topping:
- Whilst the shortbread is cooling, it’s time to make the topping.
- Firstly, in a saucepan, over a low heat, melt the 80g of unsalted butter and the 125g of light brown sugar with the 100g of maple syrup.
- Secondly, bring the mixture to the boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Once you’ve boiled for 2 minutes, take off the heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs, 1tbsp of milk and 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Next, a little at a time whilst whisking, add the egg mixture to the syrup mixture (TIP: make sure you do this a little at a time because the mixture can split).
- Now stir in the 250g of chopped pecans.
- Once you’ve done all the above, pour the topping over the top of the shortbread base.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes (TIP: unfortunately, you just have to guess when it’s cooked).
- Finally, once cooked, take out the oven and place into the fridge. Allow to chill for around an hour before serving, this just makes it easier to cut into bars.
That’s your Maple Pecan Pie Bars prepared, baked, cooled and ready for you to enjoy!
I honestly cannot describe how good these are! I think you guys are going to love these…
Let me know in the comments below if you end up making this yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were!
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
Now these look super delicious and the perfect kind of snack! xx
They are honestly delicious, the best kind of snack! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look gorgeous! I’ve just said the name out loud – maple pecan is a bit of a tongue twister! Thanks the sharing the recipe, these would be great snacks for on the go!
Ahaha I never realised that until you mentioned it! These are honestly the best kind of snacks. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These maple pecan pie bars look really yummy! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
They really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look lovely! I’m sure I’ve tried pecans before but I can’t recall what they actually taste like, haha!
I hadn’t ever tried them before making these but wow they are amazing! Super yummy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look delicious! Maple and pecan are such a yummy combo!
They are the best combo aren’t they? Super yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look absolutely amazing! They’re completely different to anything I’d usually eat but I think I might give these a try anyway – they look delicious! Thanks for sharing x
I’d never tried anything like these bars before making them but honestly, they are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
It looks so good and yummy. I haven’t made it but looking at the picture, would love to. Thank you for sharing!
Ooo if you do make them, you’ll have to let me know what you think! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
That looks nice and healthy, like something I would snack on. Thank you! =)
It’s the best kind of snack! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These pecan bars sound like the perfect Fall/Autumn treat to have (especially with a spiced hot chocolate). Thanks for sharing this recipe — it sound and looks amazing!
These really are the perfect autumn sweet treat / snack! Oooo this paired with a spiced hot chocolate? Delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look so good and I can’t wait to try them during the holiday season. Thanks for sharing!!
The perfect holiday sweet treat! These really are delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yum! This looks really good. I love pecans and one of my fave Autumn desserts is Pecan Pie. So glad to find this Maple Pecan Pie bars recipe – pinned for later. Thanks!
I’m defiantly going to be making pecan pie this autumn, especially after these bars being so damn delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo