What’s one baking memory you’ve got from the first lockdown in 2020? For me, it was everyone making banana bread. Everyone and their pet gold fish was making it.
That being said, I feel like I’m the only person, who loves baking, that didn’t actually make a banana bread. I feel like I’ve committed a crime!
So instead of making banana bread, I used some ripe bananas to make these banana & chocolate bars which I think make up for my crime.
Now this is a big statement I’m about to make. You need to know that these are THE BEST banana & chocolate bars you’ll ever try. Yup, I said it. THE BEST! I’m absolutely obsessed with the outcome of these and I’m excited to share this recipe with you.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2tbsp Of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2tbsp Of Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 67g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 136g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100g Of Dark Chocolate Chips
How To Make The Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin ( I used brownie tins ) with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using a fork or a mixer, mash the bananas.
- Once you’ve mashed the bananas, stir in the 2tbsp of melted coconut oil, 2tbsp of milk, 1tsp of vanilla extract, the beaten egg and 67g of light brown sugar.
- Now that you’ve stirred all the wet ingredients in, add the remaining ingredients (136g of flour, 1tsp of cinnamon and 1/4tsp of baking soda) until just combined.
- Fold in the 80g of dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your lined baking tin.
- Scatter over any additional dark chocolate chips.
- Place the batter into the oven and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the tin from the oven and place on the side. Allow the bars to cool for 10 minutes in tray before gently removing from the tin to further cool.
- Finally, once it’s cooled, cut the bars into 9 slices.
That’s your Banana & Chocolate Bars prepared, baked, sliced and ready for you to enjoy!
I can big these up as much as I like to you but I really think the pictures are what’s going to draw you in. DAMN these banana & chocolate bars are scrumptious.
So quick. So easy. So tasty. You cannot go wrong with these little bars of joy! let me know if you end up making these and your thoughts on them, did they compare to your banana bread?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
Lovely recipe and looks delicious 😌😌
Thanks for sharing
These are honestly so delicious Xo
Chocolate is my biggest craving. These sound super delicious. I’m going to share this recipe with my sister to make them for me hahah
It’s a craving of mine also. honestly, these fix that craving for sure! They are a banana/chocolate dream. You’ll have to let me know what you think of them Xo
Not sure about the ‘healthy’ bit, are we saying it’s healthy because including bananas counts as part of our 5-a-day? 😉 , but these sound absolutely delicious. In fact, I know that we already have some bananas … and chocolate chips … off to check on the other ingredients now! Thanks for the recipe.
It’s got no butter and uses a small amount of light brown sugar which reduces the fat in these to class them as healthier. But yes, the banana does defiantly count as one of your five a day haha;) ah honestly, I think anyone who makes these will absolutely love them! You’ll have to let me know what you think Xo
Omg these look so good! I’m getting hungry already!
These are honestly soooo good! A banana/chocolate dream haha Xo
These bars look absolutely amazing! I love the combination of banana and chocolate so I need to make these soon! Thanks for sharing.
It’s a great combination isn’t it! There’s certain foods which just go together and this combo is one of them. You’ll have to let me know what you think of them Xo
Oh my gosh, these look incredible! They definitely don’t look healthy but it’s really cool that they are!
You wouldn’t believe they’re healthy would you? But they honestly are. They are reduced fat! They are the best bars I’ve made to date for sure Xo
This looks like such a yummy treat. I’m a huge fan of regular banana bread so definitely want to give this a try.
I actually haven’t made banana bread before (I don’t think anyway) but I can imagine these taste very similar. They are so good! Xo
These look amazing!! I know what I’m doing with my ripe bananas this weekend. Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe!
Oooo did you manage to make them? If so, I’d love to know what you though! Xo
Great post, these look delicious! I’ll definitely need to try this out some time. Thanks for sharing!
Honestly, they are amazing! I’d highly recommend to anyone to try Xo