What’s one baking memory you’ve got from the first lockdown in 2020? For me, it was everyone making banana bread. Everyone and their pet gold fish was making it.
That being said, I feel like I’m the only person, who loves baking, that didn’t actually make a banana bread. I feel like I’ve committed a crime!
So instead of making banana bread, I used some ripe bananas to make these banana & chocolate bars which I think make up for my crime.
Now this is a big statement I’m about to make. You need to know that these are THE BEST banana & chocolate bars you’ll ever try. Yup, I said it. THE BEST! I’m absolutely obsessed with the outcome of these and I’m excited to share this recipe with you.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2tbsp Of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2tbsp Of Milk
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 67g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 136g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 100g Of Dark Chocolate Chips
How To Make The Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin ( I used brownie tins ) with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using a fork or a mixer, mash the bananas.
- Once you’ve mashed the bananas, stir in the 2tbsp of melted coconut oil, 2tbsp of milk, 1tsp of vanilla extract, the beaten egg and 67g of light brown sugar.
- Now that you’ve stirred all the wet ingredients in, add the remaining ingredients (136g of flour, 1tsp of cinnamon and 1/4tsp of baking soda) until just combined.
- Fold in the 80g of dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your lined baking tin.
- Scatter over any additional dark chocolate chips.
- Place the batter into the oven and bake for around 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the tin from the oven and place on the side. Allow the bars to cool for 10 minutes in tray before gently removing from the tin to further cool.
- Finally, once it’s cooled, cut the bars into 9 slices.
That’s your Banana & Chocolate Bars prepared, baked, sliced and ready for you to enjoy!
I can big these up as much as I like to you but I really think the pictures are what’s going to draw you in. DAMN these banana & chocolate bars are scrumptious.
So quick. So easy. So tasty. You cannot go wrong with these little bars of joy! let me know if you end up making these and your thoughts on them, did they compare to your banana bread?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,