Have you ever heard of yoghurt bark before today? because I’d never ever heard of it until recently.
If you love smoothies, you’ll absolutely love yoghurt bark. It’s basically a smoothie, frozen with some added granola to give it that extra kick.
Not only is this a healthy breakfast / low calorie snack for us adults, but this is actually perfect for babies/toddlers also (down below I’ve left some tips on how to make this a baby/toddler friendly breakfast). That’s what I love about these kind of recipes, it caters for all ages.
So if you’d like to get making this yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Breakfast / Snack
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Freeze Time: 4 – 5 Hours
Overall Time – 4/5hr 10min
Ingredients You Need:
- 500g Of Greek Low-Fat Yoghurt
- 500g Of Frozen Berries
- 3tbsp Of Honey
- 100g Of Simply Granola
How To Make Yoghurt Bark:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a 9×9 baking tin with parchment paper.
- Secondly, add the 500g of Greek yoghurt, 350g of frozen berries and 3tbsp of honey into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture onto your lined baking tin and spread with a spoon/paddle knife until you have a smooth layer.
- Next, sprinkle on your remaining frozen fruit and the 100g of granola.
- Once your happy with your yoghurt bark, place it into the freezer for around 4 to 5 hours to freeze completely (TIP: you can leave in freezer until ready for use).
- Finally, when the yoghurt bark has frozen, take out the freezer and allow to sit for 15 minutes before using a knife to chop into pieces.
That’s your Berry Yoghurt Bark prepared, frozen and ready for you to enjoy!
Tips For Yoghurt Bark:
- To store your yoghurt bark, you need to place the pieces into a air tight container and place in the freezer.
- You can freeze the bark for up to 1 month.
- If you’d like to make this baby/toddler friendly, don’t add the granola or add the frozen fruit on top.
- I used Greek yoghurt which can be quite tart therefore, I’d add an extra tablespoon of honey if you find it not sweet enough.
- You can use fresh fruit rather than frozen if you prefer.
- Personally, I’d only use plain and vanilla yoghurt for this bark as the berries give it the flavour.
Something I love about today’s bake is how easy it is to make yet it really packs a punch with flavour.
If your looking to spice up your breakfast’s then I really think this is worth a try. It’s a great way to start the day for any age!
If you get making this yourself, let me know your thoughts on it – I always love hearing your feed back.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
These look amazing and I love that you can freeze them if you need too! There such a great low calorie treat x
These are honestly such a refreshing low calorie meal. They last really well in the freezer also! Xo
These look great! I never thought about making bark so this is a new idea to add to my snack recipes to try! x
I’d honestly never heard of yoghurt bark until recently and boy, do they taste good! These are the perfect refreeze-able snack Xo
These look amazing, I’ve always wanted to try making yoghurt bark and I’m loving this recipe x
Oh my days it’s amazing! So refreshing and tastes delicious Xo
I have all the ingredients you need for these at home so I’m going to bookmark this and give it a go later, these look delicious!
Ah that’s amazing, you’ll have to let me know what you think! I think you’ll love it Xo
This would be a great recipe to make with the kids. They are almost too pretty to eat.
Honestly, the kids will love these. So refreshing and sweet. They come out beautifully don’t they? Xo
This looks so yummy! I am hearing of this recipe for the first time. I will have to give it a go.
I’d never heard of it before now but they are so yummy! Let me know what you think Xo
This really looks good! I love smoothies but sometimes I’d rather eat my calories rather then drink them! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I totally get you! These are basically a smoothie which has been frozen, as you can imagine they taste unreal Xo
This looks amazing! I have never heard of yogurt bark before. My son is going to love it, I can’t wait to make it for him!! Thanks for sharing!
I’m the same, I’d never heard of it until recently but for a low calorie snack – these are amazing! you’ll have to let me know what you and your son think Xo
wow! It looks so yummy
It really is! The best kind of breakfast / snack Xo
This kind of reminds me of those biscuits my aunt used to bring home, delicious! Would love to follow this and make it for my nephews and nieces. Even better because it’s low calorie! Thanks for sharing.
Oooo that sounds amazing! I really think kids will love it. It’s super refreshing and sweet. You’ll have to let me know what they think Xo