It’s been a hot minute since I done a brownie recipe – far too long for my liking!
My last brownie recipe which I shared just over a year ago now (https://ellegracedeveson.com/2020/04/01/gooey-galaxy-chocolate-brownie-recipe/) is actually my most read blogpost to date, so I’m guessing you guys are as bigger fans of brownies as we are. Brownies just hit differently, don’t they?
I really do love baking a brownie, it’s such a quick and easy sweet treat and to me, the outcome is always yummy. That being said, according to my mum (YES you mum, I know your reading this) I’ve not quite made the perfect brownie for her yet. Now, I won’t take that comment personally (haha) but it’s something I was determined to work on.
So as you can guess, that’s where today’s bake came into action. Though, these aren’t just any old brownies, these are low calorie brownies – yes that’s actually a thing! These brownies are 67 calories per slice, amazing right?
So, if you’d like to get baking these low calorie brownies yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 100g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 50g Of Reduced-Fat Spread
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 3tbsp Of Granulated Sweetener
- 3tbsp Of Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter
- 25g Of Dark Chocolate Chips
How To Make Brownies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 8inch brownie tin with parchment paper (or any smallish square tin you’ve got) and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl add the 100g of self-raising flour, 50g of reduced-fat spread, 3tbsp of granulated sweetener, 3tbsp of cocoa powder and 4 eggs.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into your lined brownie tin.
- Dollop 3tbsp of peanut butter on-top of the brownie batter, then using a fork, swirl the peanut butter around to give the brownies a marbled effect.
- Sprinkle on your 25g of dark chocolate chips.
- Place the brownies into the oven for around 15 minutes, until a skewer placed into the brownie comes out clean.
- Once the brownies have finished cooking, leave in the tin to cool before turning out onto a wire rack to cool further.
- Finally, once cooled, cut the brownie into 9 pieces.
That’s your Chocolate & Peanut Butter Brownie prepared, baked, cooled and ready to enjoy!
You wouldn’t believe these are low calorie when they taste this good. Having the peanut butter swirled into the brownie mix honestly makes these brownies so much tastier.
Let me know if you make these yourself and wether you liked them or not.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
I am not a peanut fan however I could swap that out for something different. The brownies look so yummy, you did a great job! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Yes 100%, you honestly don’t have to stick to my recipe exact, add anything you like to it so you can enjoy it! Thank you so much Xo
Oh wow this looks like absolute HEAVEN!!!
Thank you so much! These are honestly amazing, you wouldn’t notice that they were low calorie Xo
These sounds and look delicious! Honestly peanut butter always makes such a great combo with chocolate, thanks for sharing x
Thank you so much! It’s one of the best combo’s isn’t it? Xo
This post has made me hungry and these look so simple to make x
They are really simple to make, take little to no time and taste delicious Xo
I love putting peanut butter on my brownies, but never thought about swirling it in! Love the idea and this delicious looking recipe. 🙂
Thank you so much! I just love the marbled affect it gives. I had never tried peanut butter on brownies before making these – I’m now obsessed! Xo
You know, I never would have thought to put peanut butter in a brownie, as daft as that sounds lol! I always seem to find food related blog posts when I’m hungry to, I’m definitely going to try this out!
No no it doesn’t sound daft at all, I hadn’t ever tried this combo before making these brownies! I always look back on my posts and salivate ahaha. Let me know if you do try them and what you think Xo
This sounds fantastic! Exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! I hope you like them Xo
Yum! I’ve been craving brownies so hard lately and I think that this recipe might be the one. At least these have a healthier spin so I won’t need to feel guilty about eating half the pan, haha.
I absolutely love these brownies, they will certainly sort that craving out haha. That’s what I think is amazing about them, you can eat them without the guilt😂 Xo
Peanut butter and chocolate brownies!!! Yummy!! I think this is going to be my new favourite recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it!!
The best combo, right? Thank you so much! I hope you love it Xo