As I mentioned in my last post, a lot of my bakes will be inspired by books I’ve brought recently which contain low calorie recipes and today’s bake is inspired by ‘Pinch Of Nom’.
Pinch Of Nom rose to stardom back in 2019 – it quickly became the top selling dieting book and everyone was buying it… us included.
Pinch Of Nom has quickly become a favourite book of mine to bake from, they have everything from sweet treats to fakeaways to breakfast – they’ve covered it all. Recently we’ve been trialling some of the bakes to share with you here on my blog and I think your gonna love them!
So I had to start with my mums favourite from the book, this Cheesy Steak Fakeaway! if your looking for a subway alternative, this is it.
If you’d like to give this a go yourself, then the recipe is below:
Category: Lunch / Dinner
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 150g Of Steak, All Fat Removed & Cut Into Thin Slices
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pepper, De-Seeded & Sliced
- 75g Of Spreadable Cheese
- 2 Gluten Free Ciabatta Rolls, Split Length Ways
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- Seasonings Eg, Salt & Pepper
How To Make Cheese-Steaks:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment.
- Secondly, season your steak with salt and pepper and set it aside for 1 minute.
- Next, spray a non-stick frying pan with the low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the steak to the frying pan and cook for around 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Then, remove the steak from the pan and place into a large bowl.
- Spray the pan with a little more low calorie cooking spray and add the sliced peppers and onion and then cook them for around 3-4 minutes, until they soften.
- Once softened, remove from the heat.
- Spread the spreadable cheese onto the stake and mix together well.
- Then, add the steak back into the pan with the vegetables and stir.
- Finally, fill the two ciabatta rolls equally.
That’s your Cheese Steak prepared, fried and ready for you to enjoy!
Who needs to spend money on a subway when you can make one pretty darn similar from the comfort of your own home?
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how yummy these look?
Let me know if you end up making these yourself and your thoughts on them – it always makes my day hearing your opinions!
Sending tons of love and hugs to you all as always,