Millionaire Shortbread is one of those sweet treats which will never get old. It continues to be loved by most and be made everyday worldwide.
I’ve made something really similar to this on my blog already but my mum asked for Millionaire Shortbread for Mother’s Day so of course I had to make it and share the recipe with you guys. Although, this time it’s Millionaires Shortbread, Easter Edition!
I’ve actually added my own little touch to today’s shortbread. Usually I’d go with my go-to shortbread recipe but today i added a little semolina to the mix and let me tell you now, that shortbread is goooooood. I don’t know what made me do it but I’m so pleased I did. The shortbread on today’s Millionaire was *chefs kiss* perfection!
So if you’d like to get baking this yourself, wether it’s for Easter or not, then the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 75 Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make The Base:
- 9oz Of Unsalted Butter
- 6oz Of Golden Caster Sugar
- 8oz Of Plain Flour
- 4.5oz Of Semolina
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- Tin Of Carnation Caramel
- Bar Of Milk Chocolate
- Bar Of White Chocolate
- 80g Bag Of Mini Eggs
How To Make Base:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, grease a flan tin with butter (TIP: I used a flan tin with a loose bottom) and preheat the oven to 150C / 350C Fan / Gas Mark 2.
- Secondly, in a large bowl cream together the 9oz of unsalted butter with the 6oz of golden caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Once creamed together, little by little add in the 8oz of plain flour and 4.5oz of semolina and mix together until combined.
- Now your shortbread mixture is done, press the mixture into the greased flan tin and using a knife, level it out and spread it evenly in the tin.
- Place the shortbread mixture into the oven for around 30-40 minutes, until the shortbread is lightly golden.
- As soon as the shortbread is cooked, leave it in the tin to cool right down.
How To Decorate:
- Once the base has been cooked and has cooled right down it’s time to decorate. (It’s optional wether you remove your base from the tin now or you decorate in the tin and then remove).
- Firstly, open your tin of carnation caramel and pour the caramel over the top of the base and spread out evenly (TIP: making sure you don’t go to close to the edges in case it overflows).
- Next, in a microwaveable bowl, melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second blasts until completely melted. Once melted, pour the milk chocolate over the top of the caramel and spread it evenly all over.
- In another microwaveable bowl, melt the white chocolate in 30 second blasts until completely melted. Dollop the white chocolate on-top of the milk chocolate, then with a fork, swirl the chocolate together.
- Using a rolling pin, bash the bag of mini eggs until they have broken into small pieces and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Finally, add on the malteaser bunnies ontop of the chocolate.
That’s your Millionaire Shortbread prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Seriously, how good does this look? just writing this blogpost had me salivating.
This is one of my favourite bakes to do as it’s so quick to make, so easy to decorate and it takes little to no time at all. Yet the outcome is utterly delicious!
Let me know if you’ll be making this yourself and if so, did you enjoy it?
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,