I can’t actually take credit for today’s post. This is actually my mums famous burger recipe I’m sharing with you all.
For years now my mums been making her own homemade burgers and it’s always such a treat when she makes them. Not to hype her up or anything but these burgers are a firm favourite in this household.
Recently I’ve been spending more time in the kitchen learning to properly cook dinners. I know… I’m 22 and should already know how to cook meals but let’s bypass that for now haha.
So, my mum has been teaching me how to make her burgers and I’m super excited to share this yummy recipe with you.
Let’s get into it:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 500g Of Lean Mince, Defrosted
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 Red Onion, Diced
- Sachet Of Swartz Chilli Mix
- 4 Slices Of Burger Cheese
How To Make Burgers:
Ingredients You Need To Serve:
- Packet Of Halloumi Cheese
- 100g Of Lettuce, Shredded
- Quarter Of A Red Onion, Sliced
- Low Carb Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Light Mayonnaise
How To Make Your Burgers:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add the 500g of lean mince, the diced red onion and entire sachet of chilli mix and mix together.
- Next, pour your beaten egg into the mince and bind together.
- Using your hands, get a handful of the mince and shape it into a burger. (TIP: this amount of mince usually makes around 4 decent sized burgers).
- Place the burgers onto the grill pan and leave it to rest for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once the burgers have rested, place into the grill and allow to cook for around 10 minutes each side. this obviously depends on how cooked you want your burger, we usually have them quite well done.
- Whilst your burgers are cooking, it’s time to prepare your bowl.
- Firstly, in a pan, fry your halloumi until cooked, then take out the pan and place to the side to cool.
- In a bowl, add 100g of your shredded lettuce and the diced onion.
- Once the burgers have cooked, place two of the burgers into the bowl ontop of the lettuce and onion. Add your halloumi ontop and your sauces ontop of that, or to the side, totally up to you.
Thats your Bun-less Burgers prepared, grilled and ready to eat!
This meal went down an absolute treat!
I’d highly, highly recommend giving this a try. Of course you can make it your own by adding or taking away food items.
Let me know if you do give these a try and what you thought. I always love hearing about people liking my recipes – it makes my day!
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,